Chapter 10

"What happened?"

I asked Yeri when I tucked her in, on her bed. We just arrived at her condo after her check-up earlier.

"I fell."

I made a face. "Obviously. But why though?"

"Just this and that. Just don't mind this. The doctor said that it's not that serious so you don't need to be so worried like a real girlfriend or something."

I sighed. "This role-playing is your idea. Why are you venting it out on me? Besides, you're my friend. I should be worried like this."

Her face softened.

"I'm sorry."

I sat on her bed and turned my back on her. I stared at nothingness. "It is I who should be sorry. You are always saving me ever since we've met yet I can't..."

I don't wanna be sorry of her having feelings for me because I know it would just hurt her feelings, but I just can't help it. If only I could just manually force my heart.

"I'm already sleepy Chae. You can leave now."

Her voice cracked. I closed my eyes. I'm such a bad person.

She shifted on the other side and covered herself. I took a deep breath.

"Good night Yeri." I said and left her room.

I hopped in on the elevator while spacing out. Why did Yeri chose to love me? She deserves someone better, someone whole and someone genuine, unlike me. I am just an indenial bastard.

I felt my keys on my pocket. I forgot about my scooter! I need to go back to the University parking. 

I quickly pressed the ground floor button. Then suddenly, the door opened on the 25th floor.

"Ms. Sana?"

I was surprised when I saw Sana, the owner of that store where I bought my scooter from, at the other side of the door.

"Chaeyoung-ssi?"

She was also surprised. She hopped in inside and pressed the basement button. "You live here?" She asked.

"Uh, no. But my friend does. I just came from her room at the 50th. She got herself injured so I accompanied her all the way here."

"Oh, I see."

I nodded. Then we fell silent and faced forward.

"Uhh, how about you Ms. Sana?"

"Hmm?"

"Do you live here?"

She did not answer right away. When she was about to, the door opened and it's already my floor.

"Oh, I have to go now. Nice seeing you again Ms. Sana." I waved her goodbye and she did the same.

------
I went inside the gym together with Yeri. She said that she has to be there so that everyone would totally believe that we're officially together.

She's using scrutches while I held her bag for her. We really looked like a couple if I must say.

Thanks to the show she put up from the other day, the letters and gifts I received went down. Though, we instantly became the talk of the entire campus.

Well, I'd rather be the topic for a week or so, than being followed around even to my house. It's suffocating! I can gradually feel my privacy being taken away from me.

"They really are together."

"Yeri is so lucky."

"No. Chaeyoung is also lucky. I heard that Yeri is filthy rich! Maybe that's why Chaeyoung jumped into her right away after Mina. She's way better of a catch."