Chapter 17

"Upon checking, only Ms. Kim Ye-rim is not enrolled this semester. The other two is currently enrolled and been going to classes since day 1."

The staff said after checking on her computer. We bowed and thanked her then moved out of the office right away.

"See? I told you. Yeri must have took a break." Dahyun said when we're already outside. "You shouldn't be worried about that rich woman. She's got lots of people looking after her." She said with hands on her hips.

Jeongyeon glared at Dahyun to shut her up. But the latter just looked back with "what?" face.

"I just don't get why she has to take a break now? She's doing good in studies, and it's the last semester for Pete's sake! It just doesn't make sense to me."

"Then go to her place and ask her. Pretty sure you know where she lives."

I rolled my eyes to Dahyun. "Already did that. She's not home since semestral break. The clerk even told me to tell Yeri about them, cleaning her place in her behalf."

"Eh? Now that's odd for me." Dahyun finally conceded.

And there's that phone call last two weeks. That makes things more strange. Did something happened to her? Why didn't Nayeon and Jihyo told me?

But all those questions was set aside when I received a call from Mina.

----
I entered our department's workroom. Inside, I saw Mina standing by the window. Her hair blowing by the wind as she stares outside.

I hugged her from the back. She held my arms.

"I miss you." I whispered on her ears.

Her cheeks moved as she smiled. "Me too." She turned around and hugged me. Her hair smells like flowers. I smiled and closed my eyes.

At that moment, I forgot about Yeri and just enjoyed Mina's company. She bought snacks and my favourite drink. We shared it as we talked the entire afternoon.

-----
One month has passed and I totally forgot about Yeri. Maybe she just really wanted a break. And I am not that someone important, for her to tell about her plans in life. Dahyun was right. I don't need to worry about her future since her family's got a really big fortune. She won't starve until she gets old.

I already officially transferred my position and work to the new Captain. My coach talked to me and convinced me to focus on my paintings as I am already a graduating student. And I am thankful about it. He took the initiative and made me quit basketball in the most positive way.

He also talked to me about playing as a pro but I said that I'll think about it. I need some time to think about my future. I just can't give up one of the two.

So here I am, being busy with my paintings for our incoming preliminary exhibit. I was just halfway of my piece when I suddenly got hungry. I checked my backpack but saw nothing in there. I forgot to buy snacks on the way here. I face-palmed.

I've got no choice but to go downstairs and buy for myself. This workshop is on the third floor of the building. As I walked down on the stairs, I saw Mina talking to someone below.

She seemed serious. Who is she talking to?

As I took steps after another, I quickly recognised the person she's conversing with.

Nayeon?

I took another step.

Jihyo?

I halted. Why are they talking to her? They avoided my calls and texts yet they're talking with my girlfriend now?

Even without replies, I still texted them about me and Mina. And that includes Yeri. The three of them knows that Mina and I are together again.

So what's their deal?

Moments later, the two of them left leaving Mina alone standing on that staircase. I moved down and tapped her shoulder.

"C-chae!" She looked startled. "Since when are you standing there?" She asked nervously.

Why would she be asking that? Does her, talking to Nayeon and Jihyo supposed to be a secret?

"Ahhh, I just got here. I was painting upstairs but got hungry so I decided to go down and grab some snacks. Why? Did you meet someone here?" I asked. Weighing her answer.

"H-huh? Ahh, no no. I was about to go upstairs too. I was looking for you."

She lied.

"Really? Hahaha. Okay. Let's go buy something, first."

She nodded. We walked side by side towards the nearest store. While walking, Mina grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers.

I looked at her. She just smiled without looking back at me.

Our relationship is not yet open again to public since most of them knew about me and Yeri and her and Tzuyu. But we don't wanna hide it either. We just don't want people to talk about us.

But Mina just grabbed my hand in public. Does this mean she's ready?

I then heard murmurs and whispers behind us while we're buying. But Mina doesn't seem to care. She even encircled her arms with mine.

She really is ready. I thought.

----
Mina accompanied me while I continued painting. She just sat there behind me and watched me stroked my brush.

She was silent since I started.

I lowered my brush and palette and turned to her. She's staring down at nothing. She was so lost in thoughts that she didn't even hear me calling her. I snapped my fingers near her ears.

"H-huh?" She finally came to senses and looked at me.

"I'm done. Let me just tidy things up then we'll go and send you home." I smiled at her.

She just nodded and moved aside.

Just what did Nayeon and Jihyo told her that made her so lost in thoughts after?

----
We arrived at the front of her house. I already met her parents one week ago and since then, I always come to fetch her everyday then sends her home later.

She handed me her helmet. I took it. Then she stared at me like she wants to tell me something.

"What is it?" I initiated and asked.

She didn't answer me right away. She's weighing if she would tell me or not. Then she spoke.

"If ever someone needs your help but requires you to give up on someone important, would you still help them Chae?"

She asked a weird question. I took some time to think about it then answered.

"I will, if it's a matter of life and death." I joked. "But that's impossible, no one would ever ask that kind of help. That's just being selfish you know." I added.

She smiled.

"Why ask though? Did someone seek that help from you?" I asked.

She shook her head lightly and smiled again. But for some reason, that smile didn't reached her eyes.

"No. Just a question I read from a book. I just got curious. Anyways, thanks for sending me home." She leaned to kiss my cheeks. "Take care Chae. I'll see you...soon." She said and waved goodbye to me before going inside.

Weirdly, her goodbye sounds so different than the usual. It sounded like I won't be seeing her again for a long time. Or maybe I'm just imagining things.

I shrugged my shoulders and drove off. I'll see her tomorrow anyways.