Chapter 25

Jackson finally surrendered and stopped chasing after me. He must have realized that I won't give in to his made up stories no matter what.

He just suddenly stopped calling and texting one day. He even stopped loitering around my place. He just vanished in thin air. And that made me breathe in relief finally.

"Were having a break!" I announced to my staff one afternoon after the last guest successfully checked out.

I saw them murmured around with their co-workers.

"No need to panic." Tzuyu said beside me.

They all settled down and listened to her.

"What we are saying is that, we, me and Mina are treating you all with a free 3-day stay here in our resort. This is for all of you guys who did a job well done this whole year. You can bring your family and friends or whoever you wanted to invite. The rooms are for free, but not that VIP ones of course. "

The staff whined playfully. I chuckled.

Tzuyu continued. Not minding their side" reaction".

"The foods are also free and lastly the pool and other amenities would be for free of use as well. But of course, since this time, you guys are the guests. That means, we don't have any available staffs to aid you. Everything would be self-served." Tzuyu paused.

"Including the food. You can cook your foods individually using the ingredients we have in stock or you can talk it out with the chefs."

After the meeting, all the staffs continued the discussion outside while me, Tzuyu, our manager, head security and head chef remained inside as per our request.

"Mr. Park, did you already finished installing the additional CCTV's on one of the VIP rooms?" Tzuyu asked our head security.

"Yes Ms. Chou, we also took measures on those broken cameras from the exit point that got reported to us last week."

"Good. Great work Mr. Park."

"How about the ingredients that we discussed yesterday Chef Park?" It's now my turn to ask the head chef.

"I encountered a problem obtaining some of the seafood that was on the list since my supplier got sick and was not able to set sail yesterday. But my brother helped me contact one of the fisherman he knew and got promised to have it tomorrow at dawn."

Our head security and head chef are twin brothers. I'm glad that both of them are competent individually.

"That's great news. We sure could count on both of you." Tzuyu commented.

The brothers looked at each other and nodded.

"And Ms. Hong, how's the reservations?" I asked.

"As per your instructions Ms. Myoui, I called the company who reserved at the date that overlapped with our staff's free vacation. I told them about the situation, and luckily they were able to change the schedule of their quarterly team outing. All is well now. We are fully booked up until summer."

I nodded. Never had a bad news with this team I formed.

I smiled at all of them then dismissed the meeting.

"Oh, by the way Ms. Myoui, before I forgot." My manager came back in and gave me an envelope.

"This was sent earlier by a mailman. It says it's for you."

I took the envelope and saw that it's a letter really addressed to me. I thanked my manager and sat back down to open it.

"What could it be?" Tzuyu asked.

I shrugged. Neither do I, have an idea.

I ripped the seal open. It's a photo captured by a polaroid. I stared at it but couldn't recognize the place.

"What is-?"

I stopped when I saw how Tzuyu reacted with the photo.

"You know this place?" I can't help but ask her.

Tzuyu got startled and moved away from me. She can't look me in the eyes.

"N-no. I don't know where would that be." She stuttered.

My brows furrowed. "Are you hiding something Tzu?"

Her face turned pale. "W-what? No! No I'm not. I was just...you know, curious for whoever sent that."

I looked at the envelope but it has only my name on it. No sign of the sender.

I was about to return the photo back inside when I noticed something written behind it. I flipped it and read what's written at the back.

"Who are you?"

My eyes narrowed. Is it directed at me?

Even with confusion, I return the photo inside the envelope and took it with me back to the office.

I sat on my swivel chair and leaned on its head rest.

The photo is weird.

Tzuyu is being weird.

And that question is the weirdest.

"Who the hell sent it?" I asked at the ceiling.

-----
We're back to business.

The break happened and ended in just a blink of an eye. But I'm happy. My staffs are much more inspired and productive. Guess that idea of a vacation paid off.

They all deserved it anyway.

But I just have one problem. Tzuyu filed a leave of absence suddenly. Well, she doesn't have to and I can actually managed the whole thing on my own but I just really find it weird.

She knows that place, right?

I can't help by deduce that. She acted so surprised when she saw the photo. That means she recognised the place.

Or not?

Did she just mistook it with somewhere similar?

I stopped reading the papers in front of me and dialed Sana's number.

"Hello?" She answered enthusiastically as usual.

"Hi Sana. Am I disturbing you?" I asked first.

"No. No. It's fine. My son is sleeping upstairs and I am just beside the pool chilling out. What is it? Wanna hang out?"

"Uh no. Maybe next time. I just wanna ask something."

"Sure. What?"

"Is Tzuyu home?" I did not beat the bush and just directly asked.

"Huh? No, she's not. She's on a business trip. She told me that you sent her. What's happening?" Sana sounded suspicious suddenly.

Crap! I might create a problem between this couple.

"Oh my bad! I'm sorry. I just thought it's already the day that she'd come back. I mistook the date." I chuckled fakely.

"Ohh, hahaha. You silly. But I understand, been there when I was still on my early years of business. Don't worry Mina."

I sighed silently inside. That was close!

I dropped the call after a short chitchat.

"She's not home huh?"

I pressed the button for the security department's internal phone.

"Mr. Park, I need you to do something for me."