Chapter 34

I couldn't find the right words to say.

I am just sitting there. Looking at Chae, while she stares back at me.

"H-hyung Soo-ssi..." I muttered.

"Leave." She said and looked away.

"Why?" I asked, bit confused.

"Just leave."

I was so overwhelmed with her confession that I didn't see this coming. It's like she confessed but I got rejected instead.

I felt a bit annoyed and stood up, went to her side and grabbed her on her collars. She was forced to stand but she refused on meeting my eyes.

"You just barely confessed that you like me, yet you are shooing me away now? What are you exactly trying to say Hyung Soo-ssi?"

My voice raised a bit.

"I just answered your question. And I am not expecting anything, just like I said, I'm not sure about how I feel. And besides, I don't wanna cross the line with you. Knowing that you already have a husband." She said. "You should have told me sooner."

I heard her murmur something on the end part but couldn't hear it clearly. What's clear to me is that she assumed that I already have a husband.

"I don't have a husband." I said, a matter of fact.

She removed my hands from her collar and sat back. "You don't have to deny it Mina...ssi."

I raised my brows as she addressed me formally.

"I really don't have a husband Hyung Soo-ah." In contrast, I addressed her informally this time.

But she didn't budge.

"I have a son, yes. But I am not married to anyone."

She looked up to me when she heard that. Her eyes asking me why and how.

"I conceived my son. That night was a mistake but my son isn't." I paused and prepared myself.

"His father was my travel buddy. I was broken, fragile and unstable. And he was there, provided me company, gave me his ears, and listened to my sentiments without judgement. But that night happened. And...and he took advantage of my drunken self. That bastard was still in his right mind, and he knows I am not. Yet he still did it. He gave in to his desires. And I loathe him for that."

I said and clenched my fist. The memories of that morning when I woke up came gushing into me.

Though I am not comfortable of talking about this to anyone, I still did to Chae. She deserves that explanation. Even as Hyung Soo.

She grabbed my clenched fist and freed it.

"I like you Mina. I now know that I like you. And telling me that painful past just to clarify my misconception made me sure about it." She stood up and wiped something from my cheeks.

It's tears. I guess remembering that past still makes me tear up in anger.

But that isn't important to me now. Chae just said that she likes me. And now she's staring straight to my eyes.

"I'm sorry." She said as she pulled me into her arms for a tight hug.

This is the first time that I had a skinship with her since she appeared to me as Hyung Soo. And it causes my heart to beat erratically.

This warmth. This scent. I missed it. I just realized how I missed Chae so much.

My eyes welled up and I started to sob.

She quickly broke the hug and tend to me. My tears are flowing relentlessly and I couldn't stop it.

Then Chae started to panic. She must have thought that it's still about that past that I mentioned earlier.

"Gosh! I'm really sorry Mina. Please stop crying now. I'm really sorry. Hey."

She looked so cute right now that I chuckled while wiping my tears with my hands.

She stopped panicking and stared at me while I am still chuckling at her. She looked relieved now.

"I wasn't crying be-"

I was not able to finish my explanation because Chae grabbed my hands away from my face.

"What was that for, Hyung Soo-ah?" I asked confusedly. Her breathing became unstable and she looked like she's enduring something.

"Are you-?"

"Pardon me Mina but I can't stop now."

She said before cupping my face and pressed her lips with mine. I was a bit shocked at first but quickly got back to my senses and opened my mouth for her.

I saw her opened her eyes before I shutted mine closed. She must have been shocked that I easily gave her access to my mouth. I can't help but smile.

I rested my left hand on her shoulders while my right hand pulled her closer to me.

Chae's hands is on my nape but it slowly slid down to my shoulders down to my back.

She's supporting me as I was also supporting her.

We ended the kiss to gasp some air. We were both red.

"Y-you...why did you easily opened your mouth Mina?" She asked despite being so embarrassed about it.

"Why do you think so Hyung Soo-ah?" I asked back.

"I-I d-don't know."

I smirked. I grabbed her collars back and pulled her close to me. I stopped just a centimetre away before our lips could meet.

She looked disappointed. I grinned.

"I like you too Hyung Soo-ah. More than you could imagine." I said and gave her a peck.

But before Chae could react to that, my phone rang. I wanted to ignore it but Chae sat back to say that I should answer it. So I've got no choice but to pick the call up.

I swear if this call isn't important, I'm gonna give this person a smack in the head for disturbing us.

"Hello Tzu?"

I answered upon seeing that it was Tzuyu.

"R-run M-mina...D-dad i-is c-coming for you a-and C-chae..."

The call hunged up before I could even ask questions to Tzuyu. She sounded in pain.

What's happening?

After that call, texts and calls from my security head and personnel flooded on my phone.

And Chae also just received a call from Yeri.

"What's happening Mina? Why does Yerim want me to run together with you? Where are we going? And why am I targetted to be killed?"