Chapter 2

She liked me? That shiftee?

That's crazy! Isn't she straight? I mean, she looked straight.

I shifted from side to side on my bed. What happened earlier today is keeping me awake.

That was even the very first time I conversed with her. How come she liked me even though we don't know each other personally?

My phone suddenly lit up on the bedside table. I grabbed it while still lying.

It's an sms.

I gasped and got up quickly. How did she got my number?

My question got answered instantly upon receiving Dahyun's sms after hers.

That punk! She's selling me away!

I almost dropped my phone when she suddenly called. My heart pounds crazily upon seeing those numbers appearing on the screen. It was just numbers, but I can see her face from them.

I remembered her blushing cheeks earlier while handing me that box. I still haven't opened it as well as the letter.

I cleared my throat and decided to answer her call.

"Hello?" I tried to sound normal.

"H-hello? D-did I disturb you Chae?"

She called me by my nickname. I usually got pissed if a stranger called me that, but hearing her call me using it seems like a natural thing for me. I'm crazy!

"No. Not really."

I heard her sighed. "That's a relief."

She fell silent.

"Do you need something?"

I heard her got startled for that sudden question. I can imagine her face being flustered. I smiled. She looked cute on my mind.

I smacked myself. Why am I imagining her? I am really going crazy! I was just overwhelmed by this sudden display of affection towards me. Yep. That's it. I'm just overwhelmed.

"D-did you a-already...no, nevermind Chae. Goodnight!"

And then she hanged up.

I think I know what she's trying to ask. I went to where I put the box and opened it.

Cookies? Did she baked this? This looks....uhh, cookies? I facepalmed. They don't look cookies at all. Maybe it tastes better than it looks like. Let's not judge the cookie by it's visuals.

I took a bite and chewed it. I stopped midway.

"It's saltttyyyy!!!" I wanted to spit the cookies out but I remembered something from the scenario earlier. Her hands are full of bandages. Maybe it's her first time making one and got burned from baking it.

I finished the cookies myself and drank lots of water after. I'll have kidney stones if I won't.

------
"Huddle up!"

Our captain shouted and we ran to form a circle.

"Coach told me earlier that we'll be having a practice game vs Senshan Academy. It is scheduled tomorrow. You are all already excused from your afternoon class so report here tomorrow @1pm sharp. Understood?"

"Yes Captain!" We all answered in chorus.

"Dismissed!"

My teammates ran off to the shower. I was also about to but I got thirsty and looked for my water.

"Here."

I was stopped by a bottle of water blocking my face.

"T-thanks, Mina." I shyly thanked her and drank the water.

She was just standing there and waiting for me to finish drinking.

"You need something?" I asked her after.

She looked down and moved her fingers around. I bet it's her mannerism whenever she's nervous about something.

"Fweett."

I heard the basketball boys entered and whistled unappropriately on her. They just got out from the shower and is walking towards us. I pulled her closer behind me.

"If you don't mind. We are still talking." I said in a casual tone. I really hate the guts of this group. They all think so highly of themselves just because they are varsity players.

"We also want to join." One of them stepped closer to me. I did not move. I am not intimidated.

I looked at the side near the bleachers. The red light is beeping, it means the security camera is currently recording. We're on a safe spot.

I smiled fakely. "I'm afraid we can't do that. It's a private matter." I said as a matter of fact.

"Private? What private matters does two ladies talks about?"

I felt Mina's hands holding my uniform from behind. She's scared. Damn!

"Relationship." I said in a firm tone.

The guy was a bit shocked. He then smirked and said. "That's interesting." And then they left.

That was when I was able to breath properly. I quickly checked on her.

"Are you alright? I bet your scared." I said worriedly and before I knew it, I hugged her.

I was also surprised myself.

What.did.I.just.do?

Awkwardly, I broke the hug. "I-i, uhmm...uh. I'm sorry!" I said and bowed to her. "I was just trying to comfort you. I did not mean it! I'm really sorry!"

"You should mean it."

"Yes! I really mean it. I really am sorry. I mean it. I'm sorry."

"That's not it Chae."

I lift my head upon hearing her said that. She's too close! I took a step backward but she held my jersey to stop me from running away.

"You should mean that hug Chae. Like this." She pulled me slightly close to her and hugged me tightly.

I could feel her heart beating eratically. Am I doing that to her?

"Thank you. For protecting me." She said sincerely while her head is still burried on my neck.

I know I stinked already by the sweat from that rigorous practice earlier but she doesn't mind. She's hugging me like there's no tomorrow.

My hands then moved on it's own and hugged her back.

"Anyone would do that to protect you from those jerks Mina."

"I don't want anyone Chae. I only want you to do that." She broke the hug and looked at me. "I already told you from that letter, I like you Chae. So much. So please, have that date with me."

Looking into her eyes, I don't think I can say no.

"I'll give my answer tomorrow."