Chapter 40

"Call her Mama." Changmin pleaded.

I stared at him. He looked so much like Mina. The eyes and the nose is really hers. Even the birthmark between the nose was passed on to him.

"Mama please." He grabbed my cheeks and pouted. "I really miss Momma!"

I sighed in surrender. "Alright. But let's make a deal. No tantrums on Tita Dahyun and to other Tita's. If you do, no more skype calls to Momma."

He gave it a thought for a moment. Even the mannerisms was taken from Mina. I smiled.

"Alright!" He finally decided.

"Promise?"  I offered my pinky to him.

He also took out his pinky and sealed it to mine. "Promise."

After that, I took out my phone and opened my skype account. I chatted Mina first if she's free to have a video chat.

"Changmin wants to talk. Are you free?" 

It took quite awhile before I saw those three dots. She's typing a reply now.

"Can't right now. But give me a minute, I'll just move out from the hall. The talk is boring anyways."

I chuckled at her reply. She was invited to a business conference in Hawaii a month ago. It was a two-week long conference since there's also another event that the sponsors are cooking up for the young resort owners. I did not dig in more into the details since that's not really my thing.

My love ❤ is calling...

"Hey young man, momma is now calling!" 

I sat on the couch and made Changmin sat on my lap. I held on my phone for him.

"Hey love."  She greeted me when I answered her call.

"Momma!" 

"Hi baby. How's your day? Mama said that you wanted to talk to me. Whom did you gave a hard time this time? Tita Jeongyeon?"

Changmin shook his head. 

"Tita Momo?"

Shook again.

"Hmmm, I guess it's Tita Dahyun?" Mina asked while suppressing a smile.

Changmin did not answer so that made her burst into laughter.

"I knew it! Come on baby, don't do that to Tita Dahyun, she might not come back again and you can't play with baby Yeong."

Mina is referring to Momo and Dahyun's 2-year old son, Yeong. 

Changmin pouted and realized what a mistake he did earlier. 

Mina shifted her eyes on me. She mouthed "I miss you" and gave me a flying kiss. I smiled and acted like catching the heart she sent and feed it in my mouth. I also mouthed "I miss you too" to her and added "I love you" with it.

"When are you coming back Momma?" Changmin interrupted our moment with that question.

"I'll be back soon baby. So don't give your Mama and Tita's a problem anymore, okay?" 

Changmin nodded. "I am a man Momma, I already promised Mama on not to throw tantrums anymore. So I'll wait kindly for you Momma. I love you."

Mina smiled. "I love you too baby. Now go and say sorry to Tita Dahyun and to Tita Momo also."

With that, Changmin charged outside and called Dahyun and Momo. I smiled at his sight.

"How's your visit?" 

Mina asked after Changmin is fully out of the room. 

I told her about visiting Yeri on her grave earlier today. She actually told me to prepare myself already. Prepare on letting my precious friend go.

I smiled sadly to her. She knew already the answer.

"She doesn't blame you Chae, so forgive yourself already, okay?"

I nodded. I know. I just blamed myself because I have no one to blame to. 

Yeri sacrificed a lot during those five years of protecting me. And yet, she did not stop there.

----

After the talk with the doctor that day, the memories that I regained isn't the only thing that blowed up on me.

(Flashback)

"Are you Park Hyung Soo?" 

A police officer suddenly approached me when I was on my way to Mina's private room in the hospital.

"Yes?" 

I don't have any clue why a police officer is looking for me. I already gave my statement to the police officers yesterday after Mina's successful operation.

"You were the last person that the late Ms. Kim Yerim dialed on her phone before she got killed by Chou Yicheng. I wanted to ask if-"

I cutted him off. "W-what?"

"You were on her call logs-"

"No! Not that! Late? Killed? What are you talking about?" I asked with my shaking voice.

The police is surprised. "Oh, I'm sorry Ms. Park. But Ms. Kim Yerim got killed by Chou Yicheng the day before he showed up on that island you are with. He tortured her to know your location..."

I couldn't hear what the police said after that. My knees lost it strength and I literally sat on the ground after that news sinked in on me.

"Yeri got what?" I asked myself as the tears flowed endlessly.

Pain strucked on my heart like a million of bullets is hitting it one after another. While weeping, I just felt someone hugged me from the back.

"Sorry Chae. We couldn't afford to tell you yesterday while worrying about Mina."

"Sorry Chae."

I just cried in response. And right there on that corridor, with lots of eyes thrown at us, I hugged Tzuyu and Jeongyeon and cried like a kid.

-----

"Who is she?"

"She's so cool."

"Is she here to pick up her kid?"

I can hear their whispers and murmurs. Well, I guess they are doing it for me to hear it in actuality. 

I sighed. This scene is quite familiar. It's been a long time since I had it, the last time was when I was still in college.

I am in a Day Care Center to pick up Sonny, Yerim's son. Yerim had him secretly a year after she kept me on her care. Sonny was born on that gallery I was hidden into.

The bell rang.

Kids are now running out from their respective rooms. Behind them is the cool-looking Sonny walking like a king. 

I grinned. This kid is really Yerim's son.

"Hey bud!" I called him. 

He looked around and when he saw me, he walked coolly towards me and gave me a high five.

"Hey cool Soo!"

I chuckled on what he called me. He still calls me Soo since that's the name that he grew up to.

"Let's go?" 

He nodded and held my hand while we walk towards my car.

I put on his seatbelt and turned the engine on. "You're my mom now, are you cool Soo?"

He suddenly asked out of the blue. 

I looked at him. "Do you want me to?" I asked.

He looked away and stared at the road ahead. "You're not bad." He answered.

I smiled. Yup. Kim Yerim's son indeed.