Chapter 11

I glared back at her.

"And what if I don't?"

Her eyes turned dark for a second then freed me from her grasp. She then withdrew her eyes.

I picked my bag and pushed her aside. I went to my unfinished painting and arranged my palette. I then started to paint.

"Do you love her?" She asked after a moment of silence.

"I remember answering that question already."

"S-so..you...really...do?"

It wasn't a question for me, more like she addressed it to herself. I then heard her soft sobs after.

I stopped stroking my brush and lowered it together with my palette. I turned to her direction.

"What are those tears for, Mina-unnie?"

She quickly wiped her face with the back of her hand.

"N-nothing."

I gritted my teeth. I've had enough of these nonsense.

"Why are you doing this Unnie? You broke up with me, remember? So why are you acting like you're still not over? No. Why? Why did you even broke up with me in the first place?"

She got surprised with the nonstop questions I threw at her. But I already lost my temper.

Yeri gave me a possible reason already but I want to hear it from her. I want to know.

"B-because... I fell out of l-love."

I clenched my fist. I took a deep breath to calm my nerves. She will really stick to that reason till the end, huh?

"Okay. There you have it. Then stop bothering your ex whom you fell out of love with."

She looked like she's about to say something but she shut her mouth instead.

"I believe you no longer have any business with me. I want to focus on my piece, so I'd really appreciate it if you take your leave now."

"O-okay."

When she held the knob of the door, I spoke one more time.

"I heard that Tzuyu's Dad is one of the investors your company wants to sign with last year. Isn't he glad that you two are now together instead of me?"

She quickly turned her head and looked at me. Her face is slowly losing its color.

"C-chae...how did-"

"I guess that's the new definition of falling out of love huh?" I smiled sarcastically at her.

I picked up my brush and palette. "I'll continue painting now. Kindly close the door when you leave."

She stayed there silently for a minute. Maybe trying to reason out and explain but she realized that it would be useless. She's already busted.

She left the room without a word.

I stopped painting when she finally closed the door.

She did not deny it!

Then Yeri was right after all. It's because I don't fit on her world and I don't have a father like Tzuyu's. That's the reason she broke up with me. I understand her situation. It's either her family or me. And she chose them.

I kept telling myself that it's for the best. That Mina did the right thing. But I can't help but be frustrated. If only we were rich!

Then...