Chapter 29

"Check in?" I managed to ask despite the astonishment I displayed earlier.

"Yes. I was about to, at the lobby but Ms. Chou saw me and led me here to your office."

Tzuyu?

Oh, I remember now! She told me she'll drop by, to pick up some things from her office. That woman didn't even greeted me.

"Can you help me check in?" She asked, looking so confused about the situation.

"Of course. Have a seat first." I said.

I composed myself and look into my computer. She also sat on the chair that I offered and looked around my office.

"I can see why Tzuyu led you here. We are actually fully-booked for this month, you see. So if you happen to talk to my employee earlier at the lobby, they will just ask you to reserve a room beforehand. And that would be a few months from now."

She nodded as she understood my point.

"Well, I guess I can't enjoy the "talk of the town" resort for now. Well, I'll go ahead and reserve one then."

I grinned. "No need. Don't forget that your talking directly to the owner Hyung Soo-ssi."

"You mean?"

"I already booked you a room."

----
'3 Days and 2 Nights huh?'

That's how long Chae plans to stay in our resort. She says that she took a vacation from working and chose to stay here. She didn't know I owned the place and she just went here as per Yeri's recommendation.

I do not know what's on Yeri's mind for doing so. I bet she knows that I co-owned the resort. But whatever her reasons are, I don't care anymore. What matters to me is that I could use this chance to spend time with Chae.

My phone rang and it's a call from my mom.

"Chaemin is sick."

That was all she said but I quickly ran out of my office and went home.

I rushed inside my son's room and saw him sleeping soundly with one fever patch attached on his forehead.

"What happened mom?" I asked my mother who came in after me.

"He was so quiet the entire day. When I checked earlier, he's already burning. I quickly gave him patches and called Dr. Shay. She's on her way now."

I held my son's hand. It's also hot. I got teary-eyed as I saw him sleeping soundly despite being sick.

Minutes later, Dr. Shay arrived and checked on my son's condition.

"It's just a normal fever. Nothing to worry about Mina. Just give him this medicine syrup tomorrow, and he'll be fine."

I sighed. I'm glad that it's nothing serious.

I thanked Dr. Shay for her quick response. And after a little chat with me, my mom escorted her out.

Chaemin is a sickly kid. That is why whenever he fells ill like this, no matter how trivial, I always got him checked up.

I went towards his bed. He's still sleeping. He's the first person in my life now. And I'll move mountains and seas just to be beside him whenever things like this happens.

I kissed his forehead and tucked his blanket up to his chest. Then I went outside.

"You've been so busy these days Mina. You shouldn't have started that resort this early. You should have waited for Chaemin to grow up and then spend more time with him. He's still young. He needs his mother."