Chapter 5

My University routine came back to what it was before I left for Paris.

"Welcome back Captain!"

My juniors greeted me when I entered the locker.

"Welcome back Ms. MVP!"

That was Seulgi. The one who took over my position when I left. She hugged me and tapped my back.

""How's the team?" I asked.

"Got a hole when you left. But since you're here, we'll be back on track."

That means they're doing fine. That's good then.

-----
The practice went well. My body is still adjusting since it's already been a year since I played but I still did great.

"Whew! The Captain is still a monster even after that rest huh? You're surely an MVP!"

Seulgi handed me a bottle of water. I took it and drank half from it.

She pointed the bleachers. "And those girls are back too! Never saw them for a year."

I just chuckled. Well, everything seems to be back to how it was.

My phone then vibrated. It's an sms from Dahyun.

-----
I walked inside the cafe. I spotted them chitchatting inside. I halted my step when I noticed an extra presense within their circle. But Dahyun spotted me right away.

"Here Chae!" She shouted.

All of them turned their heads at me except her.

"What's up?" I asked when I reached the table.

I sat next to Dahyun which is exactly in front of her.

"We were just talking about you Chae. We need to celebrate your return. How about we drink tonight?" Jeongyeon suggested.

"That's a great idea! What do you think Chae?" Dahyun asked beside me.

My phone lit up. I read the sms first before answering Dahyun's question.

"Sure. That's totally fine. I have lot's of free time tomorrow anyways."

"Cool! So, let's go?" Dahyun stood up.

"Right now?" Tzuyu asked.

"Of course. It's already 5pm. The ealier the better!"

"Uhh, can you just send me the place? I need to go somewhere first."

They looked at me. Dahyun gave me a suspiscious look.

"And where would that be?" She asked.

"You don't need to know."

I then looked at the person in front of me. "And before I forgot. Congratulations to you and Tzuyu, Mina-unnie!"

She finally looked at me. I smiled at her. She then looked at Tzuyu and the latter held her hand.

"T-thank you."

She said in a low voice.

"You don't need to be awkward around me Unnie. I support your relationship with Tzuyu. Congratulations again and I wish you both happiness."

She just nodded and lowered her head as a response. I sensed the rising tension on the table so I decided to bid goodbye already.

"I'll see you guys later."

-----
I pressed the 50th floor button of the elevator. Tsk. Why does she have to stay on the topmost floor?

It is my first time to be in Yeri's condo. She sent me her address and asked me to come ASAP.

When I reached the floor, I am kinda dazed of the structure. Just one door. Does this mean she owns the entire floor?

Well, why am I even surprised? She's the richest of the rich.

I was about to push the doorbell button when it already opened.

"You're late!"

I rolled my eyes and went inside. "Just be glad that I came."

"I know you'd come."

Tsk.

"What is it?"

"I am just checking if your doing good after meeting your ex for the first time since you came back."

I made a face.

"Is that what I came here for?" I motioned to leave.

"You're as impatient as me, you know that?"

She then handed me a folder. I opened it and saw records of Mina's family business.

"What's this?"

I do not major Business so I don't understand what these papers are.

"Mina's family business was in a pinch for 3 years. They're business took the final blow last year. They managed to gather new investors to survive however, the major investor is quite the conservative type. "

She paused and looked at me.

"You told me that Mina is having a hard time introducing you to her parents, right?"

I nodded. We broke up even before I can meet her parents.

"This is just my deduction but I guess, Mina already told her parents about you. But knowing that the investor is quite conservative and old-fashioned one, they forced Mina to end your relationship for the sake of their business."

I see.

I sat on her couch and stretched my arms.

"She made the right choice then. Their business is doing good now right?"

Yeri nodded and sat beside me. "I heard that their company is slowly recovering. Their not on edge now."

"That's good then."

I rested my head on the couch and closed my eyes.

But she is with Tzuyu now. How does that differ from our relationship?

"Tzuyu's father are one of their investors Chae."

It's almost like Yeri can read my mind.

"Ahh, now that clears everything. Thank you as always,Yeri."