Chapter 1

"You're really leaving?" Dahyun asked that same question for the nth time today.

"Yes Dahyun, I am. Just sink that in already."

"Is this because of Mina?" Tzuyu finally picks up her courage and asked me that question.

"Yes." I answered honestly. I would be lying if I'd answered "No".

"Of course, she's one of the reasons. I wanted to be away from her. To forget and hopefully, to move on. And I cannot do it if I would stay here on the same University with her. I'll be seeing her everyday and that is purely torture."

Dahyun and Tzuyu looked so sad with my decision.

"Let her be." Jeongyeon finally arrived and joined our table. "She'll be back in a year anyways. Let's give her that one year of chance to move on."

I smiled at Jeongyeon. Out of the four of us friends, she's the most mature and understanding. I will surely miss them but I also cannot let this opportunity go. Even before me and Mina broke up, I already planned to go for this foreign exchange-student program.

"I also need this for my future you know. This will be a good additional for my CV when I apply for work after we graduate."

That convinced the two and just sighed in surrender.

"Fine." Tzuyu said. "I know I was just being carefree because my family's financial status are quite different from you guys."

"Not quite." I cut her off.

Tzuyu came from a wealthy family. CRAZY rich family. And I am not exaggerating here.

She pouted. "Fine. Fine. We are just rich in money but not with relationship." She said sadly.

Well, as cliche as it sounds. Since, Tzuyu's parents are so busy multiplying their rich, they forgot about Tzuyu and her brother.

Dahyun tapped Tzuyu's shoulder. "We are also your family Tzu, remember that."

I smiled. I will definitely gonna miss them. But I have to do this. For myself.

I looked at our photos once again on my gallery. I selected them all and deleted it. Tomorrow is my flight to Paris.

"I don't love you anymore Chae."

Her voice echoed on my head. Yes. I will be fine...right?
-------

Two years earlier....

I woke up with my alarm after snoozing it two times. I stretched my arms and looked at my phone.

"Move your ass Shrimpy Chaeyoung!"

That was the message of my alarm. I laughed at my own sillyness. Yup. I wrote it myself for fun.

I quickly took a bath and hurried downstairs for breakfast.

Me and my family lived in this simple abode. My family owned a small convenience store just two blocks away from our house.

We are not rich nor poor. We can still eat three times a day and I even have my own scooter, for school purposes of course.

"Good morning parents!" I gleefully greeted them both.

My father is currently doing an inventory right on the dining table. I pouted.

"Mom, Dad is not eating your food." I jokingly sold him out to Mom.

Dad quickly put her glasses, notebook, pen and calculator aside.

He chuckled nervously. "I am eating honey. Look."