1, Skateboards & Bruises

I open my closet doors and stare at my clothes with a frown on my face. Now that I look at my clothes I figure I really need to go shopping for some new clothes.

After some roaming around I grab black jeans, a yellow shirt and my jeans jacket before changing into them. I put some mascara on and brush my teeth quickly.

I glance at the clock above my bed. Shoot! 10.52 AM. I'm supposed to meet up with Noah in eight minutes at the coffee-shop downtown. I'll be late, as usual. While searching for my stuff I'll introduce myself:

Hi, I'm Andrea Stevens, everybody calls me An. It actually doesn't matter what you call me as long as it isn't Andy... I hate that nickname.

I was born in 1999. My birthday is on January 6th, today it is June 6th 2017 so that means I'm exactly eighteen years old for five months now.

I live in downtown LA with my mom, dad and twin-brother Alex. I'm about ten minutes older than he is and he hates it, which I love.

We were born in the Netherlands, but we moved to Los Angeles as soon as the both of us turned one. Each Christmas we fly out to the Netherlands to celebrate with my grandparents. Or they fly out to Los Angeles, they love the weather here so they always want to come here.

Anyway, I'm a very positive person, but have my down days, aka period. People tell me I'm a nice person because I'm very open and honest, but on the other hand there are also people that tell me that I'm rude because I'm open and honest, you decide which one I am.

As you already can tell it's unusual of me if I'm on time and I'm very clumsy. I will cry at almost every movie I watch but no I am not a sensitive person. I like sports, mostly skating and I hate sweating so that isn't really a match.

I love food, food is the way to my heart, except Brussels sprouts, those are the way to my front-door to happily escort you out of my house, to never see you again.

I'm really into music, I love the music-store a few blocks from my house, if I'm not at home that's usually the place where you'll find me. That's probably it that you'll have to know, for now.

I run down the stairs and grab my skateboard.
'Mom!' I yell and peek my head into the living-room. She looks up at me from behind her novel.
'I'm going out, I'll be home before dinner.'
She nods. 'Okay, love, have fun!' I wave at her and before I can run out of the house she yells:
'Say hi to Noah from me!' 'I will!' I yell back before running out the door.

Before I know I run back into my house. My mom looks up with a confused look on her face.
'You're already back?' She asks but I shake my head.
'Nope, forgot to put on my shoes.' I answer. I grab my white vans and quickly slide into them.
I try to tie my shoelaces while stumbling out of the door. I almost fall down the three steps.
'Be careful, honey!' I hear my mother's faint voice behind me. I nod my head, even though she cannot see me.

I brush the hair out of my face and quickly tie my hair in a ponytail. The hair tie breaks and I groan out loudly. Literally nothing is working today. I step onto my skateboard and my phone rings suddenly. I roll my eyes, knowing it's Noah. I decline the call while skating down the street.

I arrive at the coffee-shop and I can see Noah sitting in a booth through the window. While walking in I look at my watch. Exactly twenty minutes over time, better than last time. Last time I forgot.

'You're late.' Noah says as he sees me walking up to him.
'No, my name is actually Andrea.' I respond. He rolls his eyes at me.
'I hate you.' My best friend mumbles while I hug him.
'It wasn't a bad joke though, right?' I ask as I sit down on the other side from the table. He shakes his head.
'That was a typical dad joke, which are not funny.' Noah answers and now I'm the one rolling my eyes.