4, Opportunities & Phone calls

About a week passes by. This week has been a bit strange, if you ask me. I had to work four out of seven days so I was pretty busy. But that’s not what is strange.

The strange thing is that I got an email, about two days ago, with something that can’t be a coincidence. I called Noah a few minutes ago if it’s okay if we meet up and he luckily said yes. I think he said yes because he knows I would show up at his house either way. So that is what I am doing right now.

I’m skating down the streets towards his house. I grab the key from underneath the doormat and let myself in.
‘Shit face!’ I call up the stairs.
‘What’s up fucker?!’ Noah yells back and his bedroom door opens.

I grin at him and make my way towards the kitchen. His footsteps are clear behind me and I open the fridge.
‘Your parents aren’t home?’ I ask, while pouring us both a glass of apple juice. Noah shakes his head and sits down on a stool by the bar.

‘I don’t really know where they are if I’m being honest. They said something about aunt Stevie and her new born.’ I raise my eyebrows.
‘Stevie got a baby?’ I ask surprised. Noah nods.
‘I know, right? I didn’t even know she got knocked up.’ I laugh at his words. I down the whole drink before pouring myself another glass.
‘Come on, we need to talk.’ I switch the conversation. Noah nods his head and we walk up the stairs into his room.

I plop down on Noah his bed and sigh out.
‘Is it about that casting call, An?’ Noah asks me and sits down next to me. I nod my head and grab his laptop. I log onto my own mail and open the first one that pops up. Noah grabs the laptop from my hands and starts mumbling the words he reads.

After he reads the email he frowns his eyebrows at me confused.
‘I don’t get what’s so wrong about this?’ Noah asks. I open my mouth to answer but he’s faster.
‘What is wrong about being asked to star in their upcoming music video?’ he asks again. I sigh out and close his laptop.

‘Remember that picture I posted a few days ago? My nickname isn’t Andy?’ I ask. Noah nods his head and rests his back against the wall.
‘Daniel and I met each other again on coincidence. He bought me my new LP and he went grocery-shopping with me.’ I explain. A grin appears on Noah his face.
‘Aren’t you glad I couldn’t come with you?’ he asks and I roll my eyes.
‘Yes, I am but that is not the point.’ I answer. Noah nods and closes his mouth again.

‘So… Daniel is actually the one that came up with that nickname. Later that day I found out he is part of Why Don’t We and-'
‘Yeah, they told me in the park.’ Noah interrupts me. I raise my eyebrows at him surprised.
‘Why didn’t you tell me?’ I ask in disbelief.
‘Didn’t think it was important. Besides, thought you already knew.’ I shake my head.

‘Anyway,’ I go on with my story. ‘he posted a picture being all dramatic about saying bye to “his” Andy and my phone blew up with comments and followers after I posted that picture and Daniel commenting.’ Noah crosses his arms.
‘I still don’t see why all that is linked to being in their music video.’ I pull my hair frustrated.
‘Because, there were some rude comments underneath my post and I don’t know if it’ll be a good idea to star in their video after that.’

About two years ago I signed up on a site to star in music videos if there were ever people needed. You know, small parts, earning a bit extra money. In those past two years I never received an email or a phone call where they asked me to star in a video.

And now more than seven hundredth days later and I finally get an email, it’s from the managers of Why Don’t We… Life is not fair, right? Don’t get me wrong, I really love their music, been jamming to it for the past few days. Besides that I want to meet them again, to not only apologize for not recognising them but they are also very nice.