14, Dates & Videos. P1

Two weeks pass by and I have been too caught up in work to really talk to the boys a lot.
A girl has to make her money, especially after the holidays. I have seen Noah a few times and talked to Corbyn on the phone but that was it.
I have thought about Daniel a lot of times.
And when I say a lot, I mean a lot.

Corbyn did talk to Daniel, I mean, he tried. Daniel didn't want to say anything to Corbyn, so he gave up after twenty minutes.
Daniel and I didn't talk at all so I think the kiss didn't mean anything.
It makes me sad, but at least we're friends.
Rather be friends than nothing to each other at all.

I turned nineteen a few days ago but I didn't throw a party or something. I don't like to celebrate my birthday so I didn't.
Noah came over and we hung out, but that was pretty much it.
Oh and all the Why Don't We boys called me to congratulate me.
Well, everyone except Daniel.
That made me sad too, but I guess he was busy.

Corbyn did send a gift for my birthday, though.
He couldn't come over because they had a shit tone of work to do and he felt bad so he send it to me with some flowers.
I thanked him a hundred times for the flowers, birthday cake and a silver bracelet he got me and he was glad I liked it.

I got off work about thirty minutes ago and I'm sitting at the dinner table making myself something to eat.
I sigh out and scroll through my Instagram feed.
I decide to go take a shower but just as I'm about to walk up the stairs the doorbell rings.
I frown my eyebrows and walk back down the stairs. I open the door and my eyes widen.
'Uhm... hi, Andy.' I feel myself smile at the brunette with his blue eyes.
'Hi, Dani. What are you doing here?' I ask him and lean against the doorframe. His hands are tucked in his front pockets and he whips back and forth on his feet.
'Well, I uh- I wanted to ask you something.' He answers.
'Yeah sure, you want to come in?' I ask. I open the door further open and he walks in.
I close the door behind him and I follow him into the
living room.

'Do you want something to drink?' I ask while I walk into the kitchen and open the fridge.
'Uh, yeah, some apple juice if you got something.' Daniel answers. I nod my head and grab it. I fill him a glass and hand it over.
'Sorry for not texting or calling you the past few days.' Daniel starts and I shake my head.
'Oh, no. Don't worry. I had work and my birthday so I was too caught up. I figured you were busy.' Daniel his eyes widen as soon as I mention my birthday.
'Oh crap, I totally forgot about your birthday. I'm so sorry, Andy.' He quickly pulls me close and wraps his arms tightly around me.
I can't help but smile as he apologizes at least ten times.
'It's okay, Daniel. You're here now.'

We both pull back and Daniel goes back to being his nervous self. We look at each other for a few minutes but no words come out of his mouth.
'Is there something wrong?' I ask him and he quickly shakes his head.
'No, just nervous.' He answers. I nod my head.
'I figured, but why?' Daniel scratches the back of his head, a habit he does when he is nervous and avoids eye contact.
I gently grab Daniel his head with both hands and make him look at me.
'What is going on? It's just me.' I say. Daniel quickly shakes his head and I drop my hands.

'No, you see, that's it, that's the whole point. It's not just you. Hell no, it could never be just you,' Daniel says and I look at him with frowned eyebrows. 'you make me nervous a- and shy and I also forget your birthday.'
'Daniel, what are you trying to say?' I ask confused. We lock eyes and I can see he's frankly trying to find the right words. He takes a deep breath before answering.

'I came here to ask you on a date. I mean, I didn't talk to you for a few weeks but that was because I didn't know what to do. I finally got the guts to come here and then I realized I forgot your birthday. I feel like some stupid person and it feels like I don't have the right anymore to ask you on a date because I forgot your birthday. But, I really want to take you out with me somewhere, not sure where because I didn't know if you'd like to go with-'
My lips on his cut him off and Daniel immediately relaxes into my arms. I pull back after a few seconds and a smile appears on his face.