12, Surprises & Mistakes

'Do we have everything? Wait, no, Zach, don't put them there, he'll see them immediately when he walks in.' I tell Zach and he walks back into the
living room with the balloons.
Today it is November 25th and that means Corbyn turned twenty today! Right now, it is almost eight o'clock and that means he could arrive anytime soon.
His parents and two siblings flew out to Los Angeles this morning and the rest of the boys and I have been running around the whole day to make everything perfect.

Noah, Jack and Jonah are walking in and out of the house with drinks and food, Zach is making sure all the decorations are in the right place and Daniel is working on the DJ-stand in the living room.
Corbyn his sister, Ashley, is welcoming all the guests and explains them that they need to find a spot to hide.
Jordan, Corbyn his brother, and I are going over the list we made and it looks like everything is done.

'Okay, I think we are done.' I say and we high five each other.
I see a lot of familiar faces and I smile to myself. Everyone from the music video set is here and Logan and Jake just walked in a few seconds ago.
Some still unfamiliar faces but as long as they are Corbyn his friends, it's totally fine.

This morning the boys and I woke Corbyn up with throwing cold water over him.
He wasn't happy about it, but we made him breakfast for in bed so we are good.
He had to go and do some errands for their manager so he had to leave early in the morning, but that was all planned so we could fix his surprise party.

It was so nice meeting his parents and siblings, they are the sweetest people ever and I have heard a lot about them so I couldn't wait to see them.
I grab my two cameras and put them in the right place.
I want to record his reaction so I place one on the DJ-stand so his face will be recorded.
The other one I place in the hall so it records all the people who will jump out of their hiding-spots.
As soon as everything is ready and in the right place, the lights are out and my cameras are recording, we wait.

Daniel and I are hiding behind the curtains. We face each other and we're standing so close to each other I can feel his body-heat radiate.
I'm too afraid to look into his eyes and rather look at his chest.
I can feel his eyes on me and we breathe in and out in sync.
His warm breath fans my face and I can hear my heartbeat increase.
We're standing way too close to each other.

'Are you okay?' his voice whispers. Crap, now I have to look into his eyes. I look up and fuck those eyes make my knees feel weak.
I quickly nod my head.
'Yeah, just nervous.' I whisper back. 'Why?' he asks and his hands find my waist.
Crap, don't do that Daniel, I'm going to pass out. My breath stocks in my throat and I don't know what to say.

I open my mouth to say something but no words are formed.
'I-' Daniel raises his eyebrows and bites down on his lip, waiting impatiently to hear what I will say.
'You?' he whispers again and we move closer to each other.
'Uh, just-'
'Corbyn is coming!' I hear Jack his voice yell all of a sudden and I snap back to reality.

I turn away from Daniel and his hands drop from my waist.
His breath fans my neck and goose bumps appear on my skin.
I squeeze my eyes shut and listen closely.
Corbyn get your ass in this room faster!

Suddenly the front door opens and we can hear Corbyn shuffle around in the hall.
'Hey!' he calls out and nobody responds. 'Do you guys want to order pizza? I'm starving!' Still no response.
His body appears in the living room and he flicks on the light.
We all jump out of our hiding-spot at the same time and yell: 'Surprise!'

'Holy shit!' Corbyn jumps and his eyes widen.
'What are you guys doing here?!' He yells shocked and we start singing happy birthday.
A bright smile appears on Corbyn his face and I can see he is still a bit overwhelmed.
As we end the song we all start clapping for him and he bows down.
'Thank you so much!' he says happily and his eyes scan the room.