𝙎𝙏𝙍𝙀𝙉𝙂𝙏𝙃

The first time Kou used her quirk, it was her dad's idea. She'd just gotten it a couple days prior; the pencil she was writing with in class wouldn't come off her hand, and her classmates had made fun of her. She hated it. Why was she born with such a stupid power?

Her father saw potential in it, however. He had the same quirk as her; so did her older brother Gou. The father and son had gone on countless trips together since he'd manifested his ability. Kou didn't really know what they were doing, but she did know that those were one of the few times their dad expressed any interest in his kids.

So when he offered to bring her along that weekend for a drive she'd been excited. Gou seemed annoyed, making comments about how she 'wasn't ready' and was gonna 'screw it up for sure'. The little girl ignored it though- she was finally going on a trip with her dad!

News flash: the trip was waiting outside a bar for hours and 'accidentally' bumping into people who were too intoxicated to think straight. Turns out their dad had assembled something close to the goddamn Avengers...if they pickpocketed strangers instead of saving humanity.

Kou didn't care though. She was happy her quirk had some sort of use, even if it was morally wrong.

This pattern continued long after her dad had been incarcerated. She'd frequent convenience stores and gas stations with her school friends, impressing them with the small haul she'd collect in her jacket pockets and pants. Being able to conceal her presence helped almost as much as sticky fingers did. Not a very heroic past, but she hadn't been caught...just yet.

Her brother had never grown out of his phase however, nor did he ever improve his quirk. In fairness, they'd never really been given any resources or creative outlets for training their powers; that was a luxury they couldn't afford.

The only reason Kou even realized she could do more than just grand larceny was because she'd met Daisuke: her dad's first son.

He'd randomly showed up at their doorstep when she was 8. The siblings would've been skeptical of their relation had he not looked exactly like their father. Same build, same hair, same voice. The only difference was his eyes- they were kinder, softer, more honest than their dad's had ever been.

Daisuke was the only person she'd ever dared looked up to. Kou's life seemed to be filled with a series of adult figures who acted more like children than she did, and even though she was young she still had half the mind to know a piece of shit when she saw one.

He too, had a similar quirk. He'd shown it off to the younger siblings, Gou being unimpressed. He already had someone to look up to: Katsuro. That left Kou and Daisuke alone most of the time, but she preferred it that way.

Daisuke taught her how to use her Bungee Gum in more versatile ways. He taught her about Texture Surprise, and even the fact that her quirk was more than just sticky fingers and being able to hide well. Hell, he'd been the one to give her the deck of cards stuffed in her pocket in the first place.

When he found out what she was using her power for, he was livid. Daisuke dreamed of getting out of that cursed town, he wanted to make a name for himself. " How can you expect to turn out better than dad when you're still doing what he taught you to do? You can't get a different result when you do the same thing, Kou. You need to do better. Be better. "

Kou missed him sometimes.

No time to dwell on the past, however. Final exams were coming up and she needed as much practice as possible. That's why she was currently on her way to a gym Bakugou had invited her to, saying he needed a punching bag to train on. What a dick.

"Where's everyone else?" the girl asked as she entered the room he'd texted her to meet at, surprised that it was just the two of them.

The blond teen shrugged, getting back to his stretching on the floor without looking at her. "Didn't invite them. They're annoying as fuck."