𝙉𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏𝙈𝘼𝙍𝙀𝙎

Kamino left a bigger impact on Bakugou than he let on.

After his humiliating rescue by the heroes and his own classmates, Katsuki had acted like nothing happened. He was the same hotheaded, angry powerhouse he'd always been. The League of Villains had nothing on him.

The memory of what took place during the training camp still made him feel sick to his stomach. He was supposed to be the strongest, the most powerful; he was supposed to be the one who surpassed All Might. He was Bakugou fucking Katsuki, for crying out loud.

Everything he ever thought about himself came crashing down when he was kidnapped. How could he have let himself get captured? How could he have let All Might almost die- how could he have completely destroyed the Symbol of Peace? How could he have let himself get rescued, by fucking Deku of all people?

If Shinobu hadn't been there he didn't know if he would've followed his classmates. Hearing her calling out his name, seeing her risk everything just to save him; he couldn't help but reach out too.

Don't even get him started on what happened after he was rescued. The days following All Might's fall and his return home were the lowest he'd ever been: he could barely get out of bed or eat anything.

So when she'd shown up in his room, on his bed, telling him she still saw him the same way and wasn't looking down on him- he couldn't control himself. How could he?

After he'd kicked her out of his room all he wanted to do was sink into the ground. What the fuck was wrong with him? Never in his life had Bakugou thought about kissing anyone, especially not someone he considered his best friend. Why did he have to mess up one of the only good things he had?

He was too embarrassed to even see her after; he didn't want to face her questions, or the look in her eyes, or god forbid her rejection. He couldn't handle losing her after everything that had happened.

Pushing her away probably seemed counterproductive, but it was the best option next to just talking to her about the kiss. Bakugou didn't like to talk about his feelings.

That stupid garbage girl didn't seem to take a hint though: she wouldn't leave him alone, no matter how much he tried to avoid her. His call history was proof of that: dozens of texts and calls spamming his phone for days on end. The girl was relentless.

When she finally stopped talking to him he didn't know if he felt better or worse. He hated himself even more for caring in the first place- she was just some stupid extra.

Shinobu took him by surprise again when she confronted him during breakfast and dragged him outside to beat some sense into him. Nearly fucking killed him when she kissed him again. He didn't like to think about it; the feelings that came with a kiss like that were something Bakugou didn't have the time (or guts) to explore.

Why was he still thinking about her? Why was he always thinking about her? Sometimes he wanted to tear his hair out and scream until she stopped crossing his mind; it was too confusing and a waste of his damn time. She was his friend - nothing more.

Groaning for the 15th time that night, Bakugou threw a pillow over his head in a feeble attempt to drown out his thoughts and finally get some fucking sleep. All this bullshit wouldn't matter in the morning.

__

Kou tried to open the door as quietly as possible, taking her shoes off at the entrance and laying her stuff down on the couch while she shuffled into the kitchen.

The clock on the microwave read 11:58 PM. Great, she got back to the dorms 6 hours before she had to be up for school. She prepared a quick meal of instant ramen and basically inhaled it before chucking her dishes in the sink to worry about the next morning.