𝘼𝙁𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙈𝘼𝙏𝙃

The days following Bakugou's rescue and All Might's fall left little time for Kou to see anyone from her class. Bakugou was held in for questioning almost immediately after he had escaped, and Kou hadn't heard from him since.

She'd gotten in a lot of trouble for trying to take matters into her own hands, along with anybody else involved in the operation. After a stern talk from Aizawa and Nezu, they'd been sent home to take a short break before school started again. Consequences were yet to be decided.

When she got home, beat up and injured her parents barely even batted an eyelid. After a halfhearted excuse they resumed minding their business and Kou could focus on her other problems.

It had been close to a week since everything went down; Kou decided to use this time to pick up more shifts at work to try and ignore her anxieties.

Ever since that night in Kamino when she'd called out to Katsuki and he reached out for her hand, he'd been radio silent. Normally she didn't give a crap if he talked to her or not (neither of them were the most social anyways), but considering the circumstances Kou found herself assuming the worst.

She liked to think she knew him well; they were closer to each other than anyone else in class, and spent more time together too. She knew his pride was probably suffering greatly from getting kidnapped and having to get rescued by his classmates; she knew she'd feel the same if it had happened to her.

But that didn't mean he had to ignore her! She'd even gone out of her way to call him; Kou never fucking called anybody, but he'd been ignoring all her texts so she was left with no choice.

That's what brought her to his doorstep one day after work, ringing his doorbell and praying to god his parents were home so they could let her in. A couple seconds later Mitsuki greeted her with a tired smile, glad to see a friend of her son. "Hey, Shinobu. You here to see Katsuki?"

"Yeah," she agreed, waiting to see if she was welcome or not. "Is he home? He wasn't answering his phone."

Mitsuki sighs, shaking her head slightly and opening the door wider to accommodate her in. "The brat's been depressed for the whole week; barely left his room. It's good you came here, maybe you can cheer him up?"

Kou laughed sarcastically, "Yeah, I doubt that."

She took off her shoes and left her backpack in the foyer, making her way up the stairs at Mitsuki's permission. She hesitated for a second when she reached the door to his room, swallowing the feeling of dread and turning the knob slowly.

Bakugou's room looked a lot different from the last time she'd been in there; it was a lot darker, the curtains drawn closed. From what little light did enter the room, she saw the floor uncharacteristically scattered with clothing, probably left from unpacking from the training camp. There was a stack of papers and books towering his desk, which was normally left relatively clean. In the corner of his room lay his bed, the sheets strewn haphazardly over the sleeping form of the angry blond.

Kou whistles lowly, "What a shitshow."

Turns out Bakugou wasn't asleep, because she hears him grunt from under the covers. "What the hell do you want?"

She slowly approaches the bed, wondering if sitting on the edge would be too far. She decides to just stand awkwardly at the foot of the bed frame, not knowing where to look since she couldn't even see the boy she was talking to. "You weren't answering your phone."

"Yeah, so take the fucking hint." His low voice was muffled by the covers, "I don't want to talk so get the fuck out of my room and go home."

Kou's eye twitched a bit, trying to keep her cool since she knew he probably wasn't in the best mental state right now. "I'm not going anywhere, Bakugou."