𝙂𝙄𝙍𝙇 𝙏𝘼𝙇𝙆

Kou's love life-if you could even call it that-was super brief and kind of pathetic, to put it simply.

In the first grade, some guy confessed to her on Valentine's day and tried to kiss her, causing Kou to punch him and break his nose- probably traumatizing the poor kid for life.

In the fifth grade, she'd grown up a little quicker than her other female classmates- the guys at her school definitely noticed. Cue the creepy comments, groping, and sexual harassment; which also led to Kou beating up anyone who looked her way.

That's what was so pathetic about her love life: it was all unsolicited creepy guys who couldn't take no for an answer. Whether it was some scrawny classmate of hers or a weird old pervert on the bus, Kou had experienced everythingexcept romance. Sure, when she transferred to U.A. the few confessions she'd gotten were pretty vanilla and innocent in comparison to her past, but they were still from total strangers she didn't give a flying fuck about.

Kou didn't even think she'd ever had any romantic feelings for anyone; she just never saw anyone as worthy enough to get that close to her. She had a hard time opening up about her past, or talking about her feelings, or even showing the slightest bit of affection; these things didn't translate well into a relationship. Not to mention she was too focused on her goals and her already hectic life to even consider getting a boyfriend.

Talking about anything remotely romantic left Kou feeling uncomfortable and completely out of control, which is why she avoided the topic like the plague.

Unfortunately, her luck had decided to run out today. Mina and the other girls decided tonight was going to be a 'girl's night' where they all slept in the common lounge and talked about their feelings and all the other stupid shit Kou desperately tried to avoid on a regular basis.

She didn't even have a good excuse to not participate: it was one of her few days off work, and her parents were out. Hiro and Machi were at some school event, so she couldn't even say she was taking care of them. Bakugou and Kirishima were training god-knows-where; she really had no other options.

"Come on Kou, it'll be fun!!!" Mina was currently dragging her by the arm into the girl's lounge, where the rest of them were waiting in their pajamas and an array of snacks.

Kou was scowling at the sight; how the hell was this better than just going to sleep? "I'm leaving in 30 minutes if this ends up sucking."

Mina laughed, patting her back and escorting her to sit on the floor while she started to braid her hair. Uraraka handed her a bag of chips, which seemed to sedate her enough to cooperate with their plans.

The 6 of them talked about random things: school, idle gossip, shows they'd watched, stuff they'd bought recently. Kou could barely relate to anything they were saying, but she found herself enjoying the conversation: she rarely had time to just sit down and relax, especially not with a group of girl friends.

They were currently talking about the ultimate moves they were practicing on today for the upcoming hero licence exams, going around the room explaining what they did.

Kou sipped on her chocolate milk, shrugging. "I'm trying to use large objects I catch in my bungee gum as projectiles; if I can just find a way to crush them into smaller pieces without losing their strength..."

"That's so cool Shinobu-chan!" Tsuyu smiles, then turns to the girl beside her, "What about you, Ochako?"

Uraraka had remained relatively silent throughout the whole ordeal, staring blankly into space and seeming deep in thought. She was so blanked out that when Tsuyu poked her to get her attention she yelped and almost dropped her milk.