1

I was aware of Cedric Diggory. Of course I was. He was popular, attractive, charming, kind, good at Quidditch, smart. All the girls were drooling over him and he was easily the 'catch' of our year. We didn't speak too often, with me a Gryffindor and him a Hufflepuff but we had a few classes together in the past and he had always been pleasant, he laughs at the jokes and pranks the twins and I pull, he smiles politely to me in the corridor but we aren't close, barely even acquaintances really. That's why this is a little strange.

The sun is beating in through the windows and warming up the castle, the summer days are warm and pleasant and relatively perfect. The twins are on either side of me as we head down to quidditch practice. Fred talking about how much he fancies Angelina, my closest girlfriend, and asking me to put in yet another good word whilst George laughs at him and teases him for being desperate.

"Black! Emily!" A voice shouts from the other end of the corridor making me turn around, my loosely curly ponytail of dark hair almost whipping George in the face as I turn to see who's calling.

"I'll catch you guys up," I smile to the twins before walking up to the approaching Cedric, his friends are lingering where he previously was as he comes to meet me in the middle

"Hey Diggory, what's up?" I question with a bright smile, trying to get distracted by his insanely cute messy hair as he runs a hand through it, clearly anxious

"You're good at Defence Against the Dark Arts right?" He questions

"Yeah I'm okay I suppose," I shrug, it was modest, I haven't had below a 90% in DADA in my life, then again that goes for most my subjects.

"I was just wondering if you'd be able to help me out with revising for the final exam? Professor Lupin mentioned you would be good to ask when I mentioned I was trying to find someone to help earlier," he seems nervous, i mentally laugh, of course my dads friend would be forcing the boy all the girls fancy onto me. I'm not even partially surprised.

"Sure Cedric, when are you free?"

"Thankyou so much, I'm already taking up your time so I can make whenever work," he grins

"How about Tomorrow at 5 in the library, we can study until dinner," I suggest

"That's perfect,"

"I've gotta go of I'll be late to practice," I smile gesturing you my quidditch robes "I'll see you there," I add

"Yeah, have a good practice and thanks again," he smiles, I nod and turn around, I walk briskly down the corridor turning around at the end before rounding the corner to see he'a rejoined his friends but is watching me go, he sends one last wave before I round the corner pushing open a door and stepping into the warm summer evening.

*

"Come on Potter, cheer up," I grin throwing an arm over the boy who was raised as my brother. He'd had a shitty day, I could tell from the second I saw him. To make it worse he'd underperformed at practice causing Wood to have a hissy fit only making Harry feel worse.

We are walking back to the castle for dinner and he's utterly miserable

"Sorry we cant all be chipper," he groans gladly accepting the side hug I pull him into.

"What's up then?" I question

"So there's this girl," he starts

"OH MY GOD!" I squeal letting out a giddy laugh as I shake his shoulder

"I regret telling you this already," he complains

"Well you best give me the details you've started now," I push making him roll his eyes