25

Confused is probably the only way I can describe how I feel.

Cedric is standing in our spot, an easy smile on his face and a bouquet of flowers clasped in his hands. He doesn't even seem nervous.

"Ced, what's going on?"

"You're wrong," he states matter of factly. "You're also vastly uneducated on Veela magic,"

"What do you mean?"

"You see I knew that you were wrong immediately, I knew I am in love with you and it is the most natural and authentic thing in the world," he continues, his smile still rests on his face and I can't help but think about how beautiful he looks in the glow of the spring afternoon

"So I decided I would do some research. I took someone I knew you trusted. Someone I knew you respected and while you moped around Hermione Granger and I got to know each other. We spent all our free time in the library researching Veela magic. I found all the proof I need," he reaches into a pocket and pulls out a piece of parchment, a page from a textbook, unfolding it easily and reading it out

"If untrained it is likely a Veela will use her magic to charm the men around her without even realising she is doing so, putting them in a trance and making them fall for her. However, it's is unlikely that an untrained Veela can keep this facade up for long. As they lack training they also lack control meaning they can't concentrate their magic on a specific person, with time the magic will no longer effect the person involved. It can be anything from an hour to a month for it to wear off. It may last longer, but only if the Veela and man are spending all their time together, at least 15 hours a day. They can also only be apart for 24 hours before the magic will cease to work. Therefore, although it may cause the initial attraction and it is likely the man would be charmed easily, an untrained Veela would be unable to force a relationship," he reads out.

"But- that- it- how-" I let out. A grin has overtaken my own cheeks despite my confusion, my eyes wide in disbelief

"Im sorry darling, but you're going to have to just face it. I am utterly in love. There's nothing about us that's fake. I fell really fucking hard, you've got my heart and I really hope you're not about to break it," he seems nervous now, his hand scratching the back of his neck "I know you're scared and honestly I am too. I've never felt this way about anyone. I didn't even know it was possible to feel like this. But I need you to stop pushing me away, I need you to leap into the fear and let yourself fall. I need you to love me back darling, cause it's all real,"

I can't help but break the small distance between us. My lips finding his as he smiles against me. My arms wrap around his neck, fingers raking through his hair.  His arms are around my waist pulling me towards him, gripping me hard like he's scared I will slip away.

He breaks away first, uneven breaths and wide grin.

"I love you Emily Black,"

"I love you Cedric Diggory," I grin back. His arms wrapping impossibly tighter.

"We can't keep on like this though. No pushing each other away, no fighting, we need to talk and be open with each other. Okay?"

"Yeah. I'm sorry Ced,"

"Don't be sorry. It's in the past," he assures. Pressing his lips to mine once more. His hands reaching to my thighs as he lifts me up, holding me like I could break as we share a kiss so full of passion I'm scared to open my eyes in case it's all a dream.

"Wanna make up for lost time?" He questions, his voice low and full of lust

"Your dorm is closer," I grin back, he smirks at that, placing me down, picking up the disregarded flowers and passing them to me.

"For you, darling," he grins

"Thankyou, I love you,"

"And I love you," he smiles, it's bright and it reaches his eyes.