28

"Is your dad here? I should go say hi, good impression and all," Cedric asks, his arm round my waist as we walk through the crowds on the platform, eyes scanning in search of our families.

"Afraid not. He's away on work until tomorrow as is uncle James and aunty Lily's out of the country until next week for work. We are spending the first couple of days with-" I'm cut off by a familiar voice

"Emily sweetheart!" Molly's voice calls as she appears in front of me. Ron and Harry stood a few feet away clearly having been told to wait there while she rounds up the rest of us.

" Molly! Hey!" I grin as she pulls me into a tight hug

"And you must be Cedric!" She smiles excitedly after we part grinning to Cedric

"Mrs Weasley, I've heard so much about you," Cedric smiles politely, looking shocked when he's pulled into a tight hug.

"Ah mother, you've met the man of the hour," George grins from behind her

"And more importantly the man of our dear, sweet Emily's heart," Fred adds

"Don't tease boys," Molly scolds with a smile, hugging each of her sons,

"I should go and find my parents," Cedric smiles politely

"Oh of course, it was lovely to meet you dear," Molly smiles back

"And you," Ced responds as she shuffles away calling to Ginny

"See you over summer I'm sure, mate," Fred smiles

"Yeah of course," Cedric smiles back, sharing a quick goodbye with George as the pair stride over to Harry and Ron, allowing us some privacy, although all four are clearly watching.

"See you in two weeks," I smile

"I can't wait,"

"I wouldn't be so sure, a whole week with dad and uncle James, you'll go mad,"

"If it means I can be with you it's so much more than worth it," he smiles

"I love you," I grin as his arms wrap around my shoulders while I squeeze his waist

"I love you," he returns, pressing one last lingering kiss to my lips, only pulling away when Ron coughs dramatically. Turning to see all the Weasley children and Harry watching whilst Molly scolds them, although she's clearly also watching.

"I'll see you?"

"Yeah," he grins back before I slip out of his grasp and joining the retreating group. Fred letting out a dramatic wolf whistle.

**

The atmosphere in the burrow is electric as we sit around the breakfast table talking excitedly about the summer ahead.

"So you're coming to visit next week?" I question the twins

"Yeah until you kick us out so Cedric can come over," Fred smirks

"You're more than welcome to stay,"

"I saw enough of what you and pretty boy get up to in your spare time when I was early to our study session in your room Thankyou," He laughs making me blush furiously as the others suddenly seem interested on our conversation.

"Just cause you can't get any," I tease, the laughs only getting louder before we all silence when Arthur and Molly enter.

The knock at the door causes me to jump up excitedly as my dad enters after Ron pulls it open, James following behind, both clearly fresh from work and having not gone home first.

"Dad!" I shout, bounding through the kitchen to wrap him in a hug

"There's my princess! How are you?"

"I'm good, how are you? Nothing too bad at work I hope,"

"Nothing that could stop your old man," he laughs, releasing me as I turn to hug James.

Molly is quick to fix them both a plate of breakfast as we sit around discussing the past year of school and their latest work.

After breakfast we use the floo network to return to our homes.

Our dad's retire to their rooms to shower and get some sleep promising to take us out for dinner later as me and Harry sit in my living room.

I lay on the corner of the large L shape sofa, my head resting against the arm rest, whilst Harry sits in his usual arm chair. Complaining of the heat as he scrolls through the tv channels for something to watch, eventually settling on some muggle game show as background noise.

"So, Cedric?" He questions. Harry and I have always been close and he's truly like my brother, despite the large amount of time we have spent together recently, the topic of my relationship is yet to come up.

"What about him?"

"He's a good guy," Harry shrugs

"He is,"

"He spoke to me the other day, when he was waiting for you after quidditch practice,"

"What did he say?"

"Just that he loves you and doesn't want to hurt you and wants me and him to be friends cause he knows how much I mean to you,"

"That's very nice of him,"

"Yeah. I agree with it all of course, it's important I am friends with your boyfriend, Yknow look out for you and all that,"

"You don't have to you know,"

"I know. I want to though," he smiles

"He's a great guy,"

"I know that too. You really think me and the twins would let a guy who isn't near you?"

"I guess not,"

"Yknow I would want you to be friends with my girlfriend if I had one,"

"I would want to be,"

"I really do love you Em,"

"I love you too Haz,"