11

The announcement feast is in two hours. Classes have finished and I'm happily strolling down to mine and Ced's spot. We haven't arranged to meet there but it's a nice relaxing place to get some studying done.

I drop onto the blanket pulling out my essay due for Uncle Remus tomorrow and begin working on it for around an hour.

"The twins said I might find you here," Cedric's voice calls. I smile to myself looking up too see his approaching form. A nervous grin on his face.

"Why ever would you be looking for little old me Diggory?" I question as he laughs. Dropping to sit next to me

"To do this," he grins. His lips pressing to mine hard. He kisses like he's hungry. Like it might be the last time we ever kiss. Like he's a drowning man and I'm oxygen. It makes my knees weak and my palms sweat.

"What was that for?" I question with a grin. It's uncharacteristic for him to kiss quite so intensely as a 'hello'.

"We need to talk. I need to tell you something. I would really like it if you could try to-" he is cut off by the grey clouds above us. In a weird instant it's gone from cloudy to torrential rain. I gasp and both of us quickly move to gather my papers and books placing them into my bag before we take the 10 minute walk as a 5 minute jog back into the castle. We stand in the entrance way, dripping wet. My shirt undoubtedly having gone see through showing the red bra underneath as he struggles to keep his eyes on mine. He does though. He's a gentleman.

"What did you wanna talk about?" I question nervously looking up at him. He lets out a sigh wrapping his arms around me and holding me close to him. Pressing a kiss to the top of my head.

"It doesn't matter," he shrugs letting go of me. I notice the eyes of Klaus and his friends on us, well on me, they're clearly staring at the red bra that's visible through my shirt.

"Here," he says clearly noticing I'm uncomfortable and pulling his Hufflepuff jumper off. "Put this on," he grins passing it to me.

"Thanks Ced," I smile pulling it over my head. It's too big for me, falling to nearly the bottom of my skirt and way past my hands. It's warm and it's cosy and it smells just like him. Wearing it feels like I'm engulfed in his hug.

"You look cute," he grins

"You sure you don't wanna talk?" I see the inner turmoil in his eyes. Before he nods.

"Yeah. Go get dry or you'll be late to the announcement feast,"

"You know you're way more important to me than that," I protest

"And you are me," he grins back pressing a kiss to my lips. We both pretend to not hear Klaus scoff. "I'll meet you later?"

"After the feast," I smile

***

I sit in leggings and a knitted jumper Mrs Weasley made for Fred one Christmas. The large jumper dropping to my mid thigh, my own was dirty so he had lent me his after I groaned that they were the best thing for when you were damp and cold. I've taken off my streaked makeup and am sat between the twins.

Despite thinking the whole thing is stupid even I have been swept up into the excitement of the announcement. Both Fleur and Krum have already been announced.

"And the Hogwarts champion is..." Dumbledore start. Unfolding the paper and I have feeling in my gut. A horrible feeling. Panic. I push it away, whoever it was I would know, sure, but none of closest people had even entered.

"Cedric Diggory!" Dumbledore's voice calls through the hall.

I feel like my whole world has stopped. Everyone is standing up and cheering.

"Congratulations!" Alice grins squeezing my hand.

He's walking in the direction of the room the other victors just went into his eyes scanning the hall until they land on me. He's desperately trying to make eyes contact with me I can feel it. The minute I look up at him tears flood my eyes. He moves like he's going to come over but is pushed back simply watching as I push through the crowd and out of the hall.

"Emmie?!" George's voice calls footsteps running after me.

I grab his wrist pulling him into an empty class room. Not wanting the floods of students who are bound to be leaving the hall soon to me like this.

"Are you okay?" He questions "sorry stupid question," he mutters wrapping his arms around me as I sob into his school shirt.

"Stupid. Stupid boy," I cry trying desperately to steady my breathing. He coos gently at me, stroking my back comfortingly.

"He's a selfish prick," I let out

"Hey, hey. He's a great wizard he's going to be fine," he assures me

"Entering a death tournament and not even telling me!" I scream feeling an overwhelming urge to throw something. I kick the desk next to me, not even flinching when it topples down.

"Wait? You didn't know?" He questions clearly shocked.

"You did?" I ask looking up in confusion.

"Yeah. Everyone did. I was there when he put his name in. You were with Professor Lupin. I assumed you knew or I would have said something," he explains. I scoff at that. He had truly played me. Waiting until I wasn't anywhere near. Knowing everyone would assume I knew and not mention it.

"You saw him do it and you didn't even try and stop him?" I question

"Would have been a bit hypocritical," he smiles. Quickly realising trying to joke is not the right move. "I would have said something if I'd known you didn't know. Or approve apparently?"

"People die in this competition. He could die," I'm overwhelmed by the thought and quickly my sobs are back as George leads me back through the crowds to my dorm. Everyone stopping to watch as I cry into the Weasley twins chest amongst the celebrations. There's no doubt this will be the talk of the school but it's the last thing on my mind.