17

The whole school is buzzing with the news. It seems to be the only thing anybody cares about. Even Katie and Alice are talking about it.

I drop into my seat at dinner, having just walked past Cho who seems to be a permanent fixture at the Hufflepuff table.

"I just can't believe they slept together," Katie states, she seems to be in her own little world with Alice. Not even noticing my presence.

George sends me a sad smile pulling me into a side hug. Radiating pity. Cedric and Cho had sex and it's all anyone is talking about.

"Yeah apparently he asked her to be his girlfriend and everything. It's crazy I really thought it was going to be him and Em," Alice returns. That's new. They're official. Something we never were. Well we never slept together either. They're more than we ever were.

I can't stop myself from thinking: If we brewed Amortentia now would he smell Cho?

Angelina slaps Alice round the back of the head gently. Her and Katie seem to be out of there trance noticing my presence and shooting sorry smiles.

"Does it make you feel better to know I put burping powder in her pumpkin juice?" Fred questions sitting down next to me, clearly guessing our topic of conversation from the look on my face.

"A little," I smile at him.

It feels like the whole hall is staring at me. With this and Rita Skeeter's article branding me a 'jealous Ex'. I stare at the table

"At least she had some class. Wouldn't shag him until they were official. Black let him get what he wanted with no labels. No wonder he got bored quick," it's a slytherin that says it. A loud shout that the whole hall seems to hear.
"Shut up Parkinson," Malfoy sounds shooting me a sorry smile

The whole hall is looking at me. "I'm going to go," I mutter to my friends, Fred goes to stand up "I'm fine," I smile to him leaving the hall.

I head footsteps running after me and Cedric's voice shouting after me but I don't stop. I sprint outside. Desperate to get away from everything. From everyone. I run to the bench in the clock tower court yard. Dropping onto it and letting the strangled sobs over take me.

His arms wrap around me and I can't even bring myself to pull away. I just cry. I sob into the boy who has broken my hearts chest. Shaking uncontrollably as he cooes lightly. Whispering in my hair and rubbing my back. I don't even really know why I'm crying. It just feels like the whole world is against me. I breathe in his scent not sure if it makes any of this better or worse.

Maybe I'm crying cause he's moved on.

Maybe I'm crying because everyone thinks I'm a slag.

Maybe I'm crying because I am utterly in love with a boy who seems to not even know it.

Maybe I'm crying because the whole school thinks I've slept with 5 boys at the age of 16 and in reality I'm a virgin who has been looked at like meat since she was 11 just cause she ended up with big boobs.

I think I'm probably crying because he called her darling. Cause I meant nothing.

It's with that thought I force him off me. I can't let him be the one to comfort me right now.

"Don't touch me!" I shout moving away

"Just talk to me? You know i can't let you walk away when you're crying like this!" He begs following me.

"You wanna talk? Fine. Is it true? Did you sleep with Cho?" I question, the look on his face tells me everything I need to know.

"Is she your girlfriend?" I shout. I ignore the crowd that's gathered around us now.

"Em-" he starts

"Answer me! You're the one that wanted to talk!" I'm half screaming. The hot tears dripping down my cheeks

"Yes." He admits "look, please can we just go somewhere private and talk about this?" He asks. And I want to say yes. I want to go and talk about this.

"Careful Chang, the slag will shag him if they're somewhere private!" It's Parkinson again, her giggle filling the air

"Shut the fuck up Parkinson!" Ron shouts at her, Angelina's arm grabbing him and holding him back

"You wanna know why you should be careful Chang? Cause only two weeks ago he smelt me in his fuckin  Amortentia! Cause the little pet name he has? He calls you darling right? I bet it makes you feel so special. Like you're the only thing that matters to him. Yeah you're not the first. I'm probably not either!" I shout. I look at Cedric and he doesn't even look angry. Just hurt. It can't be half as hurt as I feel.

"Emily. Please. You know it's not like that,"

"I'm so fucking stupid! You told me you weren't going to give up on us! I believed you so I didn't either! I guess I should have! Fuck you Cedric! You wanted to hurt me? Guess what you succeeded. You have broken my heart. You keep breaking my heart. Every time I think i can't feel worse you do something else! I'm done with you! Completely! Don't come near me! Just leave me alone!" I scream. Sparing one last look at the boy who looks like he might cry. I move to try and push through the crowd.

"Emily, please?" He begs, I can hear the tears.

I look around desperately for a face to look after me. My eyes landing on Draco. He sends me a kind smile wrapping an arm around me

"She told you to leave her alone Diggory!" He shouts pulling me through the crowd.

"Shows over! Piss off!" It's the twins. Trying to move the crowds away.

I sob into my cousins shoulder as her rubs my back.

"Hey, hey, don't cry over him. You're going to be okay," he assures me in a quiet whisper. He walks me in the direction of where Harry is stood waiting.

"You remember what I said yeah? You deserve so much better. Cbin up, You are a Black after all," Draco commands once I feel Harry's arms wrap around me taking me from Draco.

"Thanks Draco," I smile between my cries. He smiles sending Harry a curt nod before disappearing into the crowds.