Extra 3: A Wishful Dream Of Ten Years, Part 1 (Ancient)

In no hurry to fully wake up so early in the morning, Rong Jiahui rubbed her eyes, then reached out to pat the pillow of the one next to her. The result was her just touching air.

Where is she? Where did she go off to so early in the morning? She had actually dared to leave her arms when the sky hadn’t even brightened yet. That’s just annoying! She can just go ahead and not tread her doorstep anymore.

She lazily propped herself up into a sitting position. “Bai Lu! Gu Yu! Shuang Jiang! Xiao Lu!” she called out.

The maids immediately filed in. Bai Lu, who was carrying water and towel to scrub her with, was so overwhelmed with happy surprise that she almost smashed the basin.

“You’ve finally awoken, Young Madam?”

What a strange thing to say. Jiahui gave them a look for a long time, then nodded. “I am. What’s happened?”

Shuang Jiang was staring at her from the side, practically crying tears of joy. “You’re unaware, Young Madam, that you were in a coma for a full month? You scared me to death!”

“Wah?!” Jiahui was greatly alarmed. “How could I suddenly fall into a coma? Did I eat something bad? Then… Ah-Luo? Where is she? Ask for her! If I’ve really been unconscious for so long, she‘ll probably be worried sick.”

Shuang Jiang didn’t really understand. “Who is Ah-Luo?”

Jiahui is now annoyed. This fool of a maid, suddenly playing so dumb! It’s been years and she still can’t remember the other’s original, off-limits name.

“I’m talking about the Marquis! Where is she?”

Marquis? Which one? There’s so many Marquises in the capital.

Bai Lu pondered it, then suddenly came to an understanding. “You mean the Lord, Marquis Zhenguo?”

“Who’s talking about my dad? I’m asking about the head of our home, you know her! Where did she go?”

Looking at their stupid faces exasperates Jiahui further. She lifted her blanket off. “Then I’ll go out and look myself. Really, now, what is this? It’s so early in the morning, what are we playing hide-and-seek for?!”

Bai Lu seemed to think of something, then asked weakly,” Did you mean… Marquis Dingyuan?

“Marquis What?” Jiahui turned back and asked.

“Marquis Dingyuan, Young Lord Zhongli.”

“Marquis Dingyuan?”

That address is so familiar, yet so strange…

No!

Marquis Dingyuan?!

Jiahui paused. She looked at the furnishings of this room, suddenly reacting to them after thinking in circles.

This… doesn’t look like her home at all…

It’s not her and Zhongli Luo’s home, and it’s not Marquis Zhenguo’s Estate.

Then… where is she?

This isn’t right. This place– also gives her a strange sense of familiarity, as if she’s lived here in the past.

Noticing her somewhat off expression, Bai Lu grew worried, hurriedly pushing for Shuang Jiang to fetch a doctor and pushing for Xiao Lu to fetch the Young Lord.

She then carefully shut the door, looking back at Rong Jiahui. “What’s happened to you, Young Madam?” she asked, voice heavy. “How did you get so mixed up? Do you remember who you are?”