Extra 3: A Wishful Dream Of Ten Years, Part 3 (Ancient)

The uproar of the scandal back when Rong Jiahui had merely called off her engagement was loud enough, and now that she’d fought tooth and nail to end up getting her divorce, it became a topic of animated discussion over teatime for everyone.

Liu Qianchen earned a completely disgraceful reputation to the outside world, nearly angering his father to death from its existence, while it didn’t affect Jiahui that much. Things were just getting intenser, is all – she didn’t know which previously-tight-lipped chatterbox that had spread this around, but she ended up being rumored to be a uniquely ugly woman both up in heaven and down on earth.

All she has to do is look in a mirror to know that she looks pretty enough, anyways.

Her divorce went as easy a breeze, mostly due to her father being very unyielding about it and a few parts because Zhongli Luo had been supporting her. Jiahui, who had her in mind this whole time, used that as an excuse to go and visit her doorstep.

“Jiahui? Why are you here?”

When she had heard that people from Marquis Zhenguo’s Estate were here, she though that Rong Chen might have sent some servants over to invite her over. She didn’t know why, but she was somewhat happily surprised to see that it was Rong Jiahui.

Jiahui smiled. “Why? Am I unwelcome?”

“No, how could that be?” Zhongli Luo replied.

At that moment, the servants behind Jiahui came out carrying a succession of thank-you gifts. “I came here specifically to express my gratitude.”

Zhongli Luo was a bit uneasy. “It wasn’t a lot for me to do and isn’t really worth mentioning. Moreover, I didn’t help you very much at all.”

“How can you say that you weren’t helping? You helped me get out of that nest of demons, so it’s only natural that I’d thank you.”

They talked as they walked side-by-side to the garden. Jiahui noted the huge discrepancy between this Estate and the Marquis Pingbei one, thinking to herself that were she still the hostess here, she’d have to change it, and drastically! Zhongli Luo’s taste is way worse than hers!

She isn’t actually sure who would be lucky enough to live here. There was a surge of sourness in her heart when she thought of Princess Xieyou. “That Princess Xieyou was really beautiful, wasn’t she?” she can’t help but put forward. “Do you… intend to propose to her?”

Zhongli Luo smiled. “What are you saying? You know I can’t just go get married. All I think is that she’s spoiled, a bit silly, and a bit cute. I only see her as a little sister.”

Little sister, little sister… didn’t she keep saying those two words to her on repeat before, too? That term’s completely dangerous!

“She might not want to be your little sister, but your wife,” Jiahui said.

“Ah?” Zhongli Luo found that inconceivable. “How old is she this year?”

“How old? Old enough to get married. Oh, you… don’t go and tease that little lady. At her age, she probably gets enchanted the second she sees someone good-looking.”

Jiahui was half talking about Princess Xieyou, half herself – she could be considered a pro at going after someone because of their looks, after all. If Zhongli Luo had been an extremely ugly person when she first saw her, would she endure her cold face just because of the purported feeling of pity?

Contrariwise, Zhongli Luo is as pure as she always is, and a bit too simple to think of the statuses of others. That’s why she has the capability to swindle her again and again – and, of course, her glorious track record of fooling people back home can’t be missed!