Extra 2: A Wishful Dream Of Ten Years, Part 2 (Ancient)

Rong Jiahui's aggressive trip home made everyone jump in fright.

Thankfully, she wasn't capable of doing anything else, as she was so accustomed to her parents supporting her. She knelt with perfect pitiableness in front of her papa, her face stained with tears as she spoke of the incident with the Liu family. Her dad might not have understood what had happened, but his heart was already starting to lean towards her side.

Though angry at his in-laws, when he heard her lips close around the word 'divorce', Rong Chen disagreed. At this age, were she to divorce and remarry, she would only be able to be a second wife, and that's just too damning.

Her name had just left Rong Chen's own mouth as he was about to say a few things to persuade her otherwise, but all he ended up hearing was the next sentence that burst out of her...

"Don't try to convince me, dad! You don't know, but through eight years of marriage, that Liu guy only ever held my wrist!"

Rong Chen was rendered speechless in an instant. What does that mean? That can't be right, he only ever touched her wrist?! Is his daughter lacking in looks? Or family background? Is her behavior poor? Is she not very academic? This is an intolerable amount of bullying!

That Liu family is truly irreparably stupid. Worst case scenario, he'll just support her for a lifetime in his Marquis's Estate. He doesn't need annoyances like them. Good on that Liu Qianchen for having the gall to be so cold to his daughter.

Learning of her being wronged for so many years made him not only angry at the Lius for their poor treatment, but at his daughter for not saying anything and dragging this out for so many years.

"Why did you never say anything...?"

"Get married off to a chicken and you have to follow the chicken, get married off to a dog and you have to follow the dog. I get married off to a bastard and I can't leave," Jiahui replied. "Isn't that how it always is? I know well that making a big fuss would have a hundred consequences and not one advantage for me, but... I suddenly didn't want to do it anymore, and would rather twist up my hair to go be a nun. I don't want to stay in the Liu Estate to get bullied."

Seeing those maybe familiar, maybe unfamiliar faces up and down the Liu Estate made her truly afraid. In her mind, one part had the decade-long dream that might not have been a dream at all, and another part had the eight years at the Liu's - only Marquis Zhenguo's Estate is unchanged and will always be her home.

Rong Chen patted her head like he used to do. "You little fool, what's this about being a nun? Dad will protect you your whole life. Who made my daughter be such a little debt-collecting devil? So unlucky, I am."

Jiahui sensed the warmth coming through the top of her head and her eyes got hot, tears narrowly starting up again.

She really was raised too pampered, and she didn't know much. It's fortunate that her parents dearly loved her, otherwise she wouldn't be able to live anywhere. Now, after handing all the matters back to her dad, she was back to staying in the courtyard she had been before she left, as if she was an unmarried young lady once more.

However, she hadn't even stayed there a few days when a guest dropped by the house to pay a visit to her father.

Something like this hadn't been unusual, but when she heard the words 'Marquis Dingyuan', Rong Jiahui couldn't help but pause. 'Zhongli Luo', the name she knew best, was right at the tip of her tongue, but she wasn't able to say it. She's scared. Everything is different, and now she would have to endure Zhongli Luo's cold eyes and cold face that she'd never seen before.