Day 2

I was still having thoughts about what happened yesterday.

20 hours ago

"No!! How could you?!" I screamed.

My mother ran inside and shut the door behind her, locking it.

"I did what had to be done, Chloe." She said calmly.

"Why would you kill your own son, my brother!?!" I yelled at her.

Even though my brother and I always fought and annoyed the hell out of each other, he was still my brother.

"I did what needed to be done for me to survive, this food we have... I'm saving it for myself. I know that sounds selfish but, I hope you understand what I'm doing," My mother says as she walks towards me with the knife she used to kill my brother.

"Mom... Mom, stop. Don't try it."

She still kept coming closer.

"Mom Please!"

I ran back behind the counter and grabbed a knife.

She was a foot close before she came after me.

I did all that I could do.

I fought back.

Then there she was.

Lying on the floor. 

Dead

I dropped the knife and ran to the darkest corner in the kitchen. I dropped down and softly cried.

I can't believe I just killed someone. My mom! I just killed her! What am I going to do?! I thought while sitting there, crying my eyes out.

Somehow, I ended up having the courage to stand up and doing something I never thought I was going to do.

I washed my hands and put some gloves on. I dragged my mom all the way to the back door.

Then I threw her to them.

I avenged my brother and myself.

I closed the door immediately and locked it.

I could hear all the noises they made out there.

I covered my ears and ran upstairs into my room and locked the door.

I grabbed my phone and checked what time it was.

3:05 pm

I went ahead and texted if my friends were okay

Hey, are you guys okay??: Me

KJ: No! My mom got turned into one of them! I need help!

Okay, just wait, I'm coming to get you. Just hide somewhere for now: Me

I ran out of my room and downstairs to the kitchen but, then I stopped.

I need to think this through.

I grabbed my combat jacket and some towels. I put the jacket on and tape the towels around my arms and legs. I ran to the basement and looked for the sharpest thing there was down there. 

An ax. I grabbed it and ran back upstairs.

I walked to the door and thought about how I was going to get through all those zombies. Then I remembered I did soccer, all I got to do is dodge the zombies and get to the goal. I did a bit of stretch before slowly unlocking the door.

 1, 2, 3

I quickly opened the door, ran out then closed it so no zombies could get it. All of them came running after me but, I was quick.

I sprinted across my lawn and went to the house next door.

I went left and right, dodging them like I was a quarterback dodging the opposing team trying to get a touchdown. I finally had made it and opened the door, I rushed in before closing it behind me. I looked around. Everything looked like a mess. I heard screaming coming from the living room. 

I ran to see KJ walking backward before he fell on the couch. His mother (Ms. Jackson) runs and tries to bite him. But I pushed her away before she could. She fell on the floor and but got straight back up. KJ ran to the other side of the room.

Ms.Jackson no longer wanted to kill KJ, she wanted to kill me.

She ran towards me, screaming. I swung the ax and it hit her skull. Blood came rushing out and she dropped dead on the floor.

I ran to see KJ. He was trying desperately not to cry.

"We got to go KJ, we can't stay here," I say to him calmly.

He just nods. KJ has always been that type of guy who's calm and quiet when you talk to him but when you text him he has a completely different personality. 

I went over to the dead Ms.Jackson and grabs the ax that was still stuck in her head.

"You need to get some stuff because we might not be coming back here,"

He gets an empty backpack and runs upstairs to fill it with clothes then comes back downstairs to grab a water bottle.

He runs back and says, "Ready"

I open the door and yell, "Run to my house. The door is unlocked, I'll be right behind you."

KJ goes running next door while I close the door behind me and run after him. We both make it back and I close the door behind us.

We did it. 

I did it.

We escaped the zombies.