Day 4

It has been 4 days since this has all happened.

I'm honestly surprised that I have made it out there without getting attacked by those zombies.

Kayla and KJ are safe as well. I don't think they got bit or anything because they haven't transformed into zombies yet. 

All of a sudden, we get a phone call. I immediately answer it before the zombies can hear it.

"Hello? Who is this?" I ask.

"Chloe?? Is that you? It's me, Nick." Nick whispers back.

"Nick! Why are you calling? Are you okay?"

"No, I'm not okay. Something is going on downstairs right now. I can't tell what's happening but, everyone is screaming and stuff. I think they might have turned into zombies." He panics.

I sigh before saying, "Just stay calm, okay? I'm going to go get you. How many people are downstairs? Do you know?"

"No, but I think there are about 5 people downstairs. Please hurry Chloe!"

I hangup.

"Who was it?" KJ asks.

"That was Nick. His family might have turned into zombies. I'm going to go get him before they get to him." I answer.

He nods and goes back to talking to Kayla.

I put my jacket back on and tape the towels back onto my arms. I tie my hair up and get the gun that Kayla brought back ready. I sling my backpack on and slide the ax into the side pocket. I fill the gun with bullets and get my game plan ready. 

I don't think I'm going to be able to take on those zombies alone, so I need to think about the facts. Then I remember Nick's dad was in the military. He carries multiple bombs and hid them in the office. If I could have enough time to distract the zombies while Nick sets up the bombs We might be able to escape. But the only problem is, is that the bombs would create too much of a distraction that the other zombies outside of the house would come straight for us. 

I  get ready to start running again. I swiftly and quietly unlock the door. I brace myself then open the door and start running. Kayla closes the door behind me and waits for me to come back with Nick. 

There seem to be more zombies than last time. So I dodge the ones I can then move keep running. A zombie comes running at me and I grab the ax and swing it at him. The ax hits the zombie in the gut and throws the zombie flying backward. I put the ax back in its pocket and keep running. I'm a couple of feet from Nick's house when I notice something. 

The front door is open.

I cautiously walk up the stairs to the front porch and walk into the house.

Again, everything's a mess.

I look to my left to see a zombie coming after me. I get my ax out and swing it on top of the zombie's head. I check to see which zombie I just killed.

"Oh, hello Mrs. Clark, I'm just here to pick up your son," I whisper to her.

I look around to see if there are any other zombies on the first floor.

"Okay! 1 down, 4 more to go."  

I start walking upstairs. The stairs start creaking while going up every step. I look up to see a zombie hanging over the railing. I get the gun I have and shoot it between the eyes. That's when the rest of them come to me.

"Nick!" I yell.

"Get your backpack ready and get some bombs from your dad's office and set the timer for 2 and a half minutes!"

"Okay!" He yells back from the bathroom.

While he gets the bombs ready, I distract the zombies for a while.

"You guys want a piece of me?? Huh? Come and get me then!!" I say then start racing down the stairs. I put the gun away and get my ax ready. I start leading them to the kitchen. I swing the ax to the little zombie who looks like his little sister, Nellie. With one swing she's down.

2 left to go.

"Chloe it's ready. You got 2 minutes to get out of there!" Nick yells. I punch one of them who seems to be Nick's older sister, Thea and I kick the taller one who seems to be his father.

They both fall. I have exactly 1 and a half minutes to get to the door with Nick. I race my way there leaving the zombies behind me. Nick is already out the door and I close the door behind me. We start running back to my house, dodging every zombie we could. 

Suddenly the ground shakes and the world behind us is up in flames. But we don't look back, we keep running straight for home.

So we can survive.