Day 19

Blue Ghosts?

I took what seemed to be a map from KJ and got a look at it. Turned out it wasn't a map. It was a plan. They're plan.

"It's a plan. I think they escaped the O.R.S.T as well." I suggest. 

"So, we're not the only ones out there? We've got to find them!" Kayla exclaims.

"Wait, We don't know if they are good people though. Remember last time. We thought the O.R.S.T was good as well but, look how that turned out." I remind them.

Let's see what they had in mind. We all take a look at what they wrote.

1. ESCAPE THE O.R.S.T

2. Reunite with the rest of our team

3. Head out towards Walt Mountains

I stop reading and say, "They were heading towards the Mountains. If we want to look for them, that's where we need to head also." I say.

"Are you sure? It's like what you said, they might not be good people." Nick asks.

"They're our best shot. If we want to survive out here... We need to find them." I reassure. 

"Uh guys, I think they found us!" KJ yells. 

We look outside the window of the cellar to see the bright lights of the helicopters sent by the O.R.S.T

We grab our stuff and unlock the back door of the cellar. we head out towards the mountains not looking behind us. 

It's been almost an hour or so we think. We've stopped running and are taking a break under a broken bridge. We hide in the shade of the bridge and take a drink of our water.

"Guys, I don't know how long our waters going to last," I say.

Suddenly Nick starts coughing. He's coughing up blood.

"Nick are you okay?" I ask worriedly.

"I'm fine, just a little lightheaded." He whispers.

I notice something off about him. He hasn't been using his right arm at all. 

"Show me your arm, Nick..." I say to him.

"I told you I'm fine Chloe, there's nothing- Ouch!" He yells when I grab his arm. I grab a flashlight to have a better look and I gasp.

"You... You got bit by them..." I whisper.

"I'm sorry, I didn't tell you. I was going to tell you but, you've had a lot on your mind already and I didn't want you to worry about it." He confesses.

"So if I hadn't found out about it first... Would you have really told me?" I ask

"Yes! I swear on my heart, that I would have told you." Nick explains.

I sigh and sit back down, taking in the new problem.

"What are we going to do? We can't kill Nick!" Kayla says worriedly.

"If we find Blue Ghosts they might be able to help. They are our best shot. They might have a cure or something." KJ suggests.

"They have a cure? If anyone had a cure, we wouldn't be in an apocalypse KJ"

"I was just suggesting the idea," KJ mutters.

"How long do you think I will last?" Nick asks. "I don't want to die Chloe."

"Don't worry, We will find the Blue Ghosts and we will cure you, Nick. I promise." I say.

"Thank you..." He whispers.

"I think we have taken a long enough break. We need to get going." I tell them.

Then we were off running again. 

11:00 PM

We were now walking. After a long time of running, we decided to walk the rest of the way. We didn't want to waste our water so we all combined it into one bottle and rationed it in emergencies.

We've been walking for about a couple of hours when Kayla says,

"Is it just me or is that the mountains?"

I rub my eyes to double-check what we're seeing.

I feel adrenaline rush through my body and I race towards the mountains.

"Guys, we've made it! We found the mountains!"

Suddenly I feel a sting in my arm. I look over and it looks like I've been shot with a dart. My arms start getting blurry and I look behind me and saw the others had gotten shot with a dart also.

My eyes start slowly closing and I fall into a deep sleep.