Day 15

It's been about a week since we came to this place but, even though it seems like they aren't hiding anything, I feel like there is a dangerous secret that needs to come out.

Here's a recap of what's happened over the week:

First Day: Medical attention; We got food from the cafeteria they had. Then one by one we each got an examination. 

Second Day: More Medical attention; same routine: food from the cafeteria, then examination.

Third-Day: Even More Medical attention; food, examination.

Fourth Day: Critical Medical attention; first it was KJ that left. He didn't come back till the next day. We don't know what happened to him. But, he hasn't been the same since.

Fifth Day: Critical Medical attention 2; Next was Kayla, the same thing happened to her. She became silent ever since she went with the doctors.

Sixth Day: Critical Medical attention 3; Then was Nick, he became silent. They've stopped talking ever since they went into the nurse's office.

Seventh Day: Critical Medical attention 4; Now they're coming for me. But, I'm not gonna let them mute me. I'm going to find out what's happening with my friends. I'm going to get them back.

I was sitting in the cafeteria. Alone

Then the doctors came again. This time I knew they were coming for me. They were in their white jackets with their glasses on coming straight for me. One was a woman, .and the other was a man

"Chloe? Chloe Vander?" The woman to the right asked. 

I looked up, "That's me."

"You need to come with us for a bit. We just need to run a few more tests on you and then you're free to go." The man says. 

I looked to the left. Then looked at his name tag. Doctor Caleb Beverly. He looked like he just graduated from college. Not old enough to be an MD. But, I played along to see what was happening to my friends. Of course, I wasn't going to allow it to happen to me though.

I dropped my spoon onto the metal tray. The spoon hit the tray, and the sound echoed throughout the cafeteria. I got up and said, "Okay, let's get right to it."

The doctors led me into the nurse's office and sat me down on the stool. The man left through the back door and came back with some needles.

"I'm going to have to get some blood from you. So just stay still for a couple of minutes." He directed.

The woman also left but, someone else came back instead.

"Hello Chloe, How has it been since you've come to O.R.S.T?" Dr. White asks.

"It's been very nice, thank you for saving us and bringing us here," I said. I had to act as polite as I could be or else she won't tell me about this place.

"Do you have any questions for us?" She asked. 

It's like she read my mind.

I looked over to see what the man was doing. He was getting the needles prepared for a blood transfer.

"How did you know my father?" I ask. That question has kept me pondering the entire week ever since she said she knew my father.

She chuckles before pulling out a stool to sit next to me,

"That's a long story."

I look over to see if the man is done preparing. He's nervously fiddling with the needles. Making sure that he prepares the needles perfectly.

"I think we have enough time for you to tell it."

She sighs, smiles, then says, "Alright then. It was back in 1997. Your father and I both met each other in the military. It was our last year serving before we return home to our families when there was an attack at base."

She lifted her jacket sleeve and showed me her arm. There was a white line streaked from her elbow up to her shoulder.

"I got this when I had surgery but, this arm would have been gone if your father hadn't saved me. A grenade hit me in the arm and almost took out me and your father, but the shrapnel from the grenade cut my arm and I almost lost it. Your father was a hero that day. By the way, what happened to your father?" She asked

I looked down and sighed, "He died. Or that's what my mom told me. I don't know what happened to him. It's all a mystery. All I know is, he went to work and never came back."

"I'm so sorry for your loss." Dr. White said.

"Sorry to interrupt but we are done, with testing. You can go back to your dorm now." Says Dr. Beverly.

I get up from the stool and turn around to get one last look at Dr. White. I knew there was something wrong with this place. The two doctors kept glancing at each other while looking at our DNA Samples.

One thing I know for sure is, Dr. White isn't someone my father would talk to. Besides, I know for a fact my father doesn't know her. Why you may ask? He wasn't in the military, not once. I don't know where my father is.

I haven't seen him for 3 years.