Day 3

It's been a couple of hours since I saved KJ from his own mother.

Nothing's really happened since then. Everything, Everyone has gone silent.

"What's going on out there?? Why is everyone turning into some sort of zombie??" KJ asks while I start counting the food. 

"I don't know what's happening out there KJ," I blandly say.

I get up and walk over to the couch and sit next to him.

"I guess this is just the end of the world as we know it, There's not really much to say about it."

Suddenly my phone starts ringing.

I run to it to stop the noise from becoming too loud.

I look at who's calling and answer it.

"Hello? Kayla?" I say through the phone.

"Chloe! Help me!!" She whispered into the phone. I could hear screaming in the back of the phone.

"What's wrong? Is everything okay? I hear people screaming in the background."

"My dad, he's turned into one of them. He's attacking my mom. Wait, the screams stopped. I think he's gone. Let me go see..."

"Yeah, I think your mom's gone too," I whisper.

All of a sudden, Kayla starts screaming. "They both are trying to kill me! My mom turned into one as well!" That's the last thing I hear before I drop my phone and start getting ready to do another rescue.

This rescue isn't like the last one. Kayla lives a bit farther than KJ but, if I run fast enough and dodge all the zombies, I might be able to get to her before her parents do.

"I'm coming with you, "KJ says.

I shake my head and say, "No, you can't, too many people running will cause a distraction for all the zombies. I don't want one of us to end up like them. You stay here and finish counting all the food we have. We should have enough for 3 people to last a couple of months. I'll be back with Kayla."

KJ nods and heads to the kitchen, "Well, I wish you luck then."

I nod and grab my ax by the front door. I grip the door handle and brace myself for another run into the herd of zombies. I open the door and start running, KJ comes and closes the door before the zombies can come in and get him.

I run as fast as I can towards Kayla's house. I push, kick, shove all the zombies out of the way. I start running downhill. Not as many zombies as there were before. I get to Kayla's house just in time. I kick the door a few times before it breaks and falls. I walk in and look around. It's exactly like KJ's house. Everything is in a mess.

"Chloe!! Help me!!" I run upstairs. Then they are in the hallway. I mime Kayla what I'm about to do; I take care of her mom and she distracts her father. Luckily Kayla has a frying pan in her hand. I get ready to throw the ax when her mother (Mrs.Whitney) turns around and gets ready to pounce at me. I dodge the first pounce but then I trip and fall and she jumps on top of me trying to bite my arm. I swing the ax at her and it slices a part of her throat. She falls to the side of me. I finish it off by throwing the ax down on her head. She flails a bit then drops dead. I go to see how Kayla is but turns out she is fine. Her father is unconscious on the floor.

"Look we need to hurry and get back up to my house, grab a backpack. Put some clothes in it and some food and water. Whatever you need to bring with you." I say before going downstairs to check how the hill looks. There are about 3 zombies on the hill. Because there is a blindside, I can't tell how many zombies are waiting for us up the hill. I see Kayla coming towards me with something unexpected. 

A gun. 

"Whoa, why do you have a gun?" I ask her.

"It's my father's gun, I think we could use it to fight the zombies." She says and hands it to me.

"Oh... Okay, well you take the ax then. I'll lead you to follow behind me. Okay?"

She nods and we both head for the back door. Of course, the back door is closer because it'll get us up the hill faster.

"On three. One, Two, Three!"

We start running up the hill. I shoot the first zombie in the shoulder then in the head. Then Kayla slices the second zombie's arm and it falls down the hill pushing the third one with them.

We dodge the rest of the zombies and head inside before they can get us.

"KJ! You here as well?" Kayla exclaims.

The two friends hug each other then sit down to talk about what happened.

Everything's turning out great.

It's just we might not be able to keep up with all these zombies. But I have one question

Why isn't anyone rescuing us?