Day 29

After the O.R.S.T has left and dawn finally hit we counted how many people escaped.

6 people. That's including Luke, me, Phoebe, Veronica, Dr. McRae and Shawn.

"I didn't expect that only 6 out of 125 people would have made it out." Shawn said disappointed.

I remembered the scene that happened last night.

6 hours ago

"We have your father Chloe."

My eyes teared up finally knowing I left my father behind as I escaped from the O.R.S.T that day. I got up from my hiding place and was about to yell back at Dr. White when Luke covered my mouth and yanked me back down into hiding.

"Shh.. It's alright Chloe. It's going to be okay." Luke whispers as I bawl my eyes out.

 I ended up falling asleep in Luke's arms that night.

Present Time

"What are we going to do?" Veronica asks Shawn as were walking out of the forest into the vast desert.

"We... Need to find some shelter, then regroup. We should find more people to recruit for Blue Ghosts so we can start over." Shawn says.

"What about the others? Why don't we go back to the O.R.S.T and save them?" I ask.

"Are you crazy? We can't go back there. We might as well kill ourselves now instead of going there and getting killed by those zombies." Phoebe says.

"I won't leave my friends behind. They've helped me get this far. I need to pay it back to them." I say and stop walking.

Shawn and the others notice and they stop walking too.

"They've helped you? How exactly did they help you." Shawn asks.

"They've helped me stay strong. I'm stronger with them than alone. If I die going back trying to save them, I'm fine with that. I would rather die fighting than hiding." I say defending my captured friends.

Shawn stayed silent for a moment than held out his hand, "You put up a good fight Chloe. Even better than myself and I don't say that to anyone. You ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be." I say and shook his hand.

"Lets head back!" Shawn orders and we all head back to the O.R.S.T

As we start walking back Veronica says, 

"So, are you going to tell us why you were all lovey-dovey yesterday?"

Luke looks towards us curious.

"I was not lovey-dovey! You guys need to stop saying that." I say feeling my cheeks burning.

"You do realize you were skipping in the hallway after training right?" Phoebe asks.

"No I was-"

"Chloe, this might have been the most adventurous date I've ever had." Luke says cutting me off.

My eyes widen at what he just said.

Veronica and Phoebe gasp at the same time.

"Luke asked you out?" Phoebe yells.

"Uh... I have no idea what your talking about..." I say slightly embarrassed.

"Yes you do Chloe!" Luke says putting his arm over my shoulder. "You were blushing when I said I would rather have a date with you than just hanging out as friends."

I playfully hit him, "Shut up!"

"Ouch! That hurt!" He said grabbing his stomach.

"Are you okay? Did I hit you too hard?" I asked worried and checked if his stomach was okay.

He pulled me into a hug and said, "Chloe if you wanted to hug me, you could've just said so."

"You jerk! I really thought you were hurt" I say pushing him away.

"I am actually hurt though. You stole from me, you thief." He whines.

"What did I steal from you?" I ask curiously.

"You stole my heart!" He says and laughs,

"You think those cheesy pick-up lines will work on me? Try harder." I say and start walking ahead of him.

"Hey !" He says and catches up. "Are your hands cold?"

He grabs my hand and intertwines it with his.

"Luke... It's the middle of the summer." I remind him.

"I still got to hold your hand didn't I?"

"You guys are so adorable!" Veronica squeals.

"I feel like I'm watching a romantic tv show." Phoebe says with joy.

"You wanna know what Chloe called you when you guys first met?" Veronica asks.

"What did she call me?" Luke asks, interested.

"She said, 'Let me guess, Mr. Hot-Shot told you who I am?' "Veronica copied.

Luke turned towards me, "Mr. Hot-Shot? Does that make you Mrs. Hot- Shot?"

"We aren't married, silly. This is only our first day as a couple." I say then covered my mouth, regretting what I just said

 Luke eyes widen, 

"So were a couple now, huh? I'm still calling you Mrs. Hot-Shot, never gonna change it."

"Where are we heading by the way? We've been walking for quite some time but, it doesn't look like were getting anywhere." Veronica says wiping sweat off her face.

"Maybe, our walking payed off. Look!" Phoebe says.

We all looked towards the direction Phoebe was pointing and in the vast distance we saw buildings.

"Where are we going to find help to get into the O.R.S.T though? Do any of you know anyone who can break into building like that?" I ask.

"I do" Luke says but doesn't sound excited.

"That's great! Who?" Dr. McRae ask.

"Her name is Maria Santiago. She actually lives over in the city were walking to." Luke says.

"Wait." Veronica says. "Maria Santiago as in That Maria Santiago?"

Luke nods.

"Who is she?" I ask

Luke look towards me, 

"She's my ex."