Day 30

"Your Ex?" I ask.

Luke nods.

"Before the whole... Apocalypse thing, she was always breaking into places and stealing tech for her own company. She wanted to become a CEO who makes games for a living. But, I broke up with her when I found out that she was stealing illegally." He explains.

"So... Is she over you now?" I ask curiously.

"I... Don't completely know. She was mad that I broke up with her but, she seemed fine after a while." He said scratching his head.

"Is there a chance she'll help us in breaking in to the O.R.S.T?" Shawn asks.

Luke shrugs, "There is a chance but, Maria is the type of person to make a deal before she helps the other person. If we see her she might make us give her something in return."

"So what are we going to do?" I ask.

"Its up to you Chloe. You wanted to start this, your going to lead us through it." Dr. McRae says.

I hesitate before telling what the plan is, 

"Here's what's going to happen. First, we will try and find Maria. If, she helps us we tell her the plan they get ready for the break in. We'll split into teams to find her faster. Me, Luke, and Veronica. Phoebe is with Dr. McRae and Shawn. Everyone got it?" 

They all nod.

We all start walking off when Luke whispers to me, 

"What if she doesn't agree to help us?"

I whisper back, 

"I'll give myself up to them in exchange for everyone else."

Luke sighs.

"But, let's hope it won't come to that." I say reassuring him.

It takes at least an hour to get to the New City. We finally made it and we take a look at our new shelter for the next few days. There are few people in this city. Even less people walking around on the streets. The building windows are shattered and some building are even burned to the ground. I'm wondering how people actually survived this. I also was wondering something else,

Where are all the zombies? I don't see a single one here.

We get around to the center of the city when we hear someone call out a name.

"Luke? Luke is that you!?"

We all turn around to see a girl with a mask and sunglasses on covering her face. She wears a white tank top with camouflage pants and Combat boots. She starts walking towards us and takes off her glasses.

"It really is you... Who's the other chick?" She says.

I'm guessing this is Maria. I Didn't think we'd find her this quickly. I Didn't expect she would find us first either.

"This is my girlfriend, Chloe. Chloe, this is Maria." He says introducing us to one another.

"Oh, so you got a new girlfriend. That's cool. I'm Maria Santiago, I'm guessing Luke told you about our "history"?" She says and extends a hand for me to shake.