Day 25

As the days pass by, we start seeing Nick recover. The bite that had been on his arm has slowly started healing. All that was left now is a scar and that slowly started to fade away.

"How do you feel?" I say as I see him start to wake up.

"How is this possible?" He starts to ramble. "No, wait! Don't tell me... I didn't kill you did I? I'm so sorry Chloe! We're both dead! But this isn't how I imagined Heaven would be like. Unless... Oh No! We're in Hell!!"

"Nick, calm down! We are not dead and we certainly aren't in Hell. We found the Blue Ghosts! They saved you somehow." I reassure him.

Suddenly KJ and Kayla come rushing in and immediately hug Nick.

"Guys... I can't breathe!" He says as they let go.

"Sorry dude, "KJ says, "We all thought you were going to die!"

"Yeah," Kayla says trying not to cry. "We were so worried!"

"I'm fine though. Look at my arm! There's no more bite mark. It's just a scar." He exclaims. "I am a little hungry now that I think about it."

"I think I can help," says Luke, coming in with a trayful of food.

I look back and watch as Luke makes his way to us. He hands the food to Nick and stands on the opposite side of the bed.

"Who are you?" Nick says concerned.

"I'm Luke. I'm kind of the guy who shot you with the darts. Sorry about that." He apologizes.

Luke glances over at you while I take a quick look over at him. We both smile at the same as we look into each other's eyes. Kayla notices and nudges me in the shoulder. I looked away, embarrassed.

"Also Chloe..." Luke begins. " I also came to tell you that you are needed in the meeting room."

I nod, "Okay, I'll head there after I finish talking to Nick."

"Actually Chloe, you're needed there right now."

I look over to Luke concerned, "Right now? Why"

Luke shrugs, "They never said, just follow me."

"Wait.. what... Sorry, Nick, I'll see you later." I say fast then hurry after Luke.

"You really don't know what's so important?" I ask him.

He shakes his head and says, "Nope, they just said to bring you there immediately. I'm supposedly needed there also."

We opened the door to see 2 other people already in there.

One was Dr. McRae and the other was someone I didn't know. It was a man. Possibly Dr. McRae's age.

"Thank you for bringing her here Luke." Dr. McRae says, "Please both of you, sit. We have a lot to discuss."

Luke and I sat in the chairs across the man and Dr. McRae. 

"You probably are wondering who I am? I am the leader of the Blue Ghosts, Shawn Grey. You can call me Shawn."

"So Shawn, you asked me here because we have something to discuss. What is it?" I asked curiously. 

"We're  here to tell you about how you saved Nick." Dr. McRae answered.

"You see there is a certain type of bio-chemical in your gene. A bio-chemical that is different from the rest of ours. You might be the only one with it. But, It helps you fight any diseases. Let's put it this way, say Nick has these genes, when Nick was bitten he would have been fine. The genes would have blocked the diseases from entering your system. This means the genes in your system are... Your shield." Dr. McRae.

"So what your saying is... I'm immune?" I ask.

Dr. McRae nods.

"What do I have to do with this then?" Luke asks.

"You will be helping Chloe train. Like all of us, we learned how to fight the zombies by using guns and knives." Shawn explains to Luke

"I already know how to use them." I cut in.

They all turn to me.

"How do you think we survived out there. We were lucky enough to even finds the guns. So we used them to protect us while we went to look for food in the other houses." I explain.

"On that note, our meeting ends and it is now lunchtime. Even though you already know, Luke still has to train you. We need to know that everyone here is trained and ready because we might have to go up against the O.R.S.T if they ever found us again." Shawn says getting up from his chair, stretching a bit.

"Thank you, for finding us and saving us." Dr. McRae says smiling.

"Thank you. You gave us a place where we can finally be able to live." I say.

"Hey, Chloe. Do you want to eat lunch together? It's pizza today!" Luke asks as were walking out the door.

"Are you sure? Don't you have a girlfriend to eat lunch with?" I ask.

"What... Oh, Skyler? She isn't my girlfriend. She's been going around telling everyone she is but, don't worry. I don't have any feelings for her."

"I'm not worried. I was just asking. So... Do you like pizza?" I say quickly, changing the topic.

He chuckles, "Yeah, it's my favorite."

"It's mine too!" I exclaim.

"Who would have known..." Luke says.

"Known what?" I ask.

"Who would've known the girl who can save the whole world, would be this perfect." He mutters.

I laugh, "Perfect? Luke, You barely know anything about me, and you're calling me perfect?"

We grab our food and sit down at the table Veronica and the others are. That's when I know it was a big mistake to eat with Luke.

"Oh boy, here comes trouble," Veronica whispers.

"Luke!" Skyler says and she walks towards us.

"What is it, Skyler?" Luke asks, annoyed.

"I thought... You were going to eat with me." She says, a fake tear rolling down her cheek.

Dang. Does she even fake a tear? I thought.

She then turns to me.

"Hi, I'm Skyler, you probably already know who I am, and you are?" She says with a sarcastic smile.

Does she want to play that game? Fine I can play that game.

I smile and say, "I'm Chloe. Chloe Vander. Am I supposed to know who you are?"