Day 7

It was the middle of the night when I woke up to a scream. It was around 2 am. Everyone else woke up so I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one to hear the scream. I looked around to see who was missing.

"Guys, Where's Henry? Henry!?!" I yelled. I didn't care if the zombies could hear me, I didn't want to lose my little brother again. He was the only family I have left. Or had. I grabbed my gun and walked towards where the scream came from. I turned on the light and I screamed.

"Henry! No!" There Henry was or there it was. What used to be Henry was now the body of a monster. He turned into a zombie! How though? Of course, I was preoccupied with my brother being back that I didn't think to check if he was bitten or anything. 

I pointed my gun at him. But, I couldn't shoot him. Under everything, I still see him as he's still my little brother. I couldn't just shoot him knowing that. But, I had to do something, he's a zombie after all. I couldn't just keep him as a pet or anything. He's going to have to die at some point or he's going to try to kill us.

"Guys, Henry's gone. He's turned into one of them. He was bitten. Someone shoot him. I can't do it." I tell them.

Nick comes running with his gun. By now Henry's heard us and is heading towards us. But, before he could get to us, Nick points his gun and shoots him in the head. He drops to the floor dead.

I burst into tears and run to him.

"I'm so sorry Henry. I couldn't save you. I wasn't quick enough to save you from mom and that caused you to get bitten. I'm so sorry" I say and bury my head in my arms.

"Chloe, It's not your fault. You didn't know he was bitten, none of us knew." Kayla says trying to comfort me.

Suddenly the floor rumbled as if there was an earthquake. Finally, it stopped. No one moved or it would be the end. There. Right in front of us, stood over a dozen zombies on my back porch.

"No one... moves," I whispered. "Walk backward very slowly. Then, we're going to grab our guns and hope that they leave."

Slowly we walked back from the kitchen.

"Guys I sent out the Signal. What are you doing..." KJ says coming into the kitchen before looking up to see the zombies.

We looked over to the zombies. They stared at us. Then started poking the glass. Slowly they started banging on the glass. We grabbed our stuff and started to run to the front door. I went to the secret closet and grabbed our emergency bags. The bags are full of supplies like food, clothes, and other useful things.

I threw the bags to the others and met them at the front door.

"Oh Chloe, we got a little problem," Nick says.

I looked out the window. The whole house was surrounded by zombies.

"How can you call that a little problem?" I whisper.

My head dropped down and I sighed. 

I brushed through my bangs with my fingers.

"We're never going to get out of here. The zombies are surrounding the whole house. Our only hope is that the rescue team gets to us before them."

"What do we do now?" Kayla asks.

"We wait and... We hope." I say.

Because that's all we can do.