Day 28

The day started out as any other day at the Safe Haven. I got up, met up with at the others (Phoebe, Veronica, Kayla, Nick, and KJ) to eat breakfast. If your wondering why I didn't mention Luke its because of what happened a few days ago. Skyler and I were about the start this huge fight until Luke jumped in and said he would stay away from me for a while. So I've... I mean We have been avoiding each other ever since. Well, not really. He still is my trainer have the time but, the other half Phoebe is.

Let me tell you about Phoebe. She is really cool! She taught me how to throw a spear and how to actually harm someone with a knife (Don't worry nobody was harmed in the making of this chapter). She told me all sorts of stories about how she made it to Safe Haven and how she met Luke and Veronica. She told all the stories of how Shawn Grey and Dr. McRae built this place. But, she also told how there was someplace else everyone wanted to go to. A certain paradise away from all this. They called it, Heaven's Passage.

Heaven's Passage was a place where everyone could live in peace away from the apocalypse. The way she described it was amazing! It was as if it was a real place. Well, we all hoped it was a real place. No one actually has ever been to Heaven's Passage before. They only heard about it from Shawn Grey and people thought Shawn Grey only read about it in a myth's book. 

So after breakfast I have a training session with either Luke or Phoebe. Today, I had it with Luke. We started with some stretches and he began to teach me how to defend myself from others.

"So when someone comes from up behind you, what do you do?" Luke asks.

"I... Um.... Punch them in the face then run away?" I answer questionably.

He laughs, "Wrong answer, try again. Remember what I told you Chloe." 

His laugh is so cute! I wish I could talk to him all day. But, someone got in the way. 

"Um... Oh! Uppercut them in the stomach then back kick them in the leg."

"Correct! Good job!" He says and claps.

"Thank you! I've been taught well." I saw and do a little bow as if I just performed in front of an audience.

"I'm sorry, I haven't been able to see you lately. But, I'm free tomorrow. Do you want to go out?" He apologizes.

"Why do you even have to listen to Skyler? I thought you said she wasn't your girlfriend." I ask.

"She isn't my girlfriend. But, I've known Skyler ever since childhood and when she doesn't get her way she usually throws a huge tantrum." He explains.

Friends since childhood huh? Just like in the movies.

"Well she won't always be able to have her way, you know. Someday she's going to have learn that." I remind him.

"I know. But, you still haven't answered my question. Do you want to go out? With me?"

My heart skips a beat. Does he mean a date?

"As friends or.... Go out on a... Date?" I ask nervously.

"Whatever fits you. But, in my opinion, I would say it's a date. That is if you want to go out with me." He says looking at the ground.