Desperate Cries Grow Louder

Jade

It's been a week since Kyle showed his true colours and intentions. He still hadn't forced me to really do anything, other than cooking, cleaning, and a couple massages. I guess I could say I was thankful for that. We were now living together in the small house Jamie had stayed in for those few days.

I was "allowed" out of the house for certain things like; visiting my mother, and my father's funeral, which was being held in a couple hours. I had only seen Samantha once during the week, and that was only because she happened to be asking my mother about what was going on with me when I went for a visit. I had to use my father's death as the excuse for why I haven't been myself.

As I stood in the bedroom, looking for an outfit that could pass for funeral attire, I felt almost no emotion. I had expected to be on the verge of tears in the hours leading up to it, but I felt numb. The week of almost constant isolation in this tiny place was taking its toll on me.

I finally settled on a black, long sleeved shirt and black pants, then neatly put everything else away. As I closed the closet doors, a thought popped into my head. I guess this is what would have happened to me if Sam and Jamie didn't find me in time back in that human city. I quickly shook the idea away, as I knew it would have been much worse than this.

I got dressed just in time to hear the bedroom door open from behind me. As I turned, my back was immediately flung against the wall.

Kyle pinned my hands above my head, "It's time, baby girl."

I started struggling, "Time for what?"

"You know what!" He spat, moving one of his hands down to grab between my legs.

I screamed, bringing a knee up and hitting directly between his legs. He grunted, releasing me only to tumble onto the bed in pain.

"You'll pay for that!" He hissed through his teeth.

"How dare you try that before my father's funeral!" I dug my nails into the palms of my hands.

"You're lucky to still even have your virginity!" He slowly pushed himself up, "I should have taken it last week."

"You said you weren't that type of person!" I stormed out of the room, calling back, "I'm going to my mother's!"

As I stepped out the front door, I heard him shout, "Get back here, you-" then I slammed it, cutting him off.

I ran as fast as I could, hoping to make it before he had a chance to follow me. Nearly tripping as I reached the house, I banged on the door. I checked behind me a couple of times before it opened. Panting an apology to my mother, I pushed past her and closed it.

"Woah, what's wrong, honey?" She asked, clearly concerned.

"I hate my husband." I muttered, then tried to think up a lie, "He doesn't think I should go to the funeral."

"Well, maybe he just doesn't want to see you upset." Leave it to my mother to try and find good in everything.

I felt like blurting out the truth, but stopped myself. I couldn't bring her into this, "I miss Jamie."

At that moment, I had no idea why I felt like I had to say that. He had appeared a few times in my dreams, but each time, I never managed to reach him. It was as if every time I tried to get closer, he would shift away from me.

"I know, sweetie." She pulled me out of my thoughts, "I wish things were different."

I decided to change the subject, "Has Samantha been around?"