Epilogue

"Mommy, can I have a cookie?" My four year old son, Chris asked as he ran up to me.

"Of course you can." I cooed, bending down to him, "Your father's in the kitchen. Go ask him to grab one for you."

I smiled as he ran as fast as he could to the kitchen, "Daddy, mommy said I could have a cookie! Can you get me one?"

It had been six years since the drama with Kyle, and everything was running smoothly. The pack didn't seem to have any more traitors, and no other pack has tried to start anything.

It took me a year and a half to accept that if I wanted a pup, Jamie would have to mate with someone else. It didn't help that Samantha and Destiny were so happy with Rose, and it soon made me change my mind about wanting one. Once she learned what had to be done, Stacey volunteered to give birth to my pup. Knowing she used to be in love with my mate, I hated the idea, but I soon enough gave in. I could tell Jamie wasn't too keen on it either, so that gave me some comfort the night he was gone. Four months after that, Chris was born.

"Are you excited for your first day of school?" Jamie asked, carrying Chris out of the kitchen while he ate his cookie.

"Will Rose be there?" He nervously asked.

"Rose is two years older than you, so she won't be in your class." I reminded him, "But we'll walk you there with her."

"Cousin Rose is my best friend!" He went on, "She taught me how to spell 'wolf' and 'fox'."

"How do you spell fox?" I smiled.

"F-O-K-S!" He called out.

I slightly chuckled, "I think Rose needs to catch up on her vocabulary."

Just then, there was a knock on the door, "Come in!"

It opened to reveal Samantha, holding the hand of her daughter Rose, "Hi!"

"Rose!" Chris ran over to her, "You need to see this toy car I got yesterday!"

They immediately scurried off to his room, leaving Samantha shouting to them, "School starts in an hour!"

"I don't want to let him go!" I squeaked, hugging Samantha, "He's my little man."

"I know!" She agreed, "I almost couldn't do it when Rose first started. It'll slowly get easier every day."

"Either of you want a sandwich?" Jamie called, back in the kitchen.

"Sure." I replied.

"I'm good, cowboy!" Samantha added.

For once, I couldn't hold back a laugh at her nickname for my mate, "Why do you still call him that?"

"That's what he is." She playfully shoved me, "And it's a cute name."

Rolling my eyes, I asked, "How's Destiny?"

She somehow looked more excited, "You didn't hear? Her hunch is getting better, and she's about to start training as a doctor!"

"Really?" I exclaimed, "Good for her!"

"I think I'm going to train to become a pack fighter." She stated proudly.

"That's awesome!"

Time seemed to speed up as the three of us sat on the couch talking. Before we knew it, it was time to bring the kids to school. As I had thought, it felt impossible to leave Chris and go back home. Samantha practically had to drag me away.

I wouldn't trade what I had now for anything. I had a loving mate, a beautiful child, and the best friends I could wish for. I dread the thought of where my life would be if I had accepted Kyle.

I feel like I could take on the world as Alpha with the ones I love by my side.