New Alphas

It had been a couple days since Samantha and I met with Jamie and Stacey. My wolf kept begging me to return, but I refused. It was lucky we weren't caught that night, so I couldn't risk it. We had returned after covering ourselves in the perfume again. For some reason, Ian had been on patrol near my mother's house, so it was difficult for us to sneak back to the window.

It was now the day of my Alpha ceremony. I was mostly ready, wearing casual, but nice looking clothes. I chose not to look too fancy, as I wanted the pack to see who their future Alpha was.

I exited the bathroom, only to be pulled into a kiss by Kyle. What? I fought to get loose, but he pushed me against a wall.

He finally pulled his head away, "Ready for today, baby girl?"

"Did I hit my head?" I asked, "Why are you acting so different?"

He chuckled, leaning down to plant kisses on my neck, then murmured, "Am I not allowed to show my Alpha the respect she deserves?"

I pushed him away, "Oh, so you're just sucking up to me before you take over."

"Look, Jade." He placed a hand under my chin, "I never meant to become the person I've been lately. I truly love you, and I want to make it up to you."

I couldn't tell if he was being serious or not, "How will you do that?"

"For starters, you don't have to sleep with me when the week is up." He leaned back in, letting his breath wash over my lips.

"Really?" Thankful for the wall, I started to feel weak with him so close. Not this again! It suddenly felt like high school all over again.

He then moved to my ear, leaving my lips cold, "Secondly, I won't tear those foxes to shreds."

I instantly pushed him with more force, causing him to stumble backwards, "How do you know about them?"

He smirked, "Ian caught you trying to sneak back to your mother's."

"I thought we managed to avoid him!" I hissed.

"You might have avoided him without that horrible perfume. Every good hunter knows to use mud and dung to mask scents." He laughed, "He informed me, then I tracked the scent to that pickup."

"Did you hurt them?" I clenched my fists.

"Relax." He mockingly rolled his eyes, "I had Ian and a few wolves escort them to the dungeon, where they'll be mostly taken care of until they rot."

I thought for a moment, "We have a prison, not a dungeon."

His smile widened, "Your father never showed you the dungeon? Perfect, then I don't need to worry about any assisted escape attempts."

"You're a monster, Kyle." I spat, "Where is the baby?"

"She's safe and sound with them." He replied.

I took a breath to calm myself, "Let them out. I'll tell them to leave and never show their faces here again."

"We tried that already, didn't we?" He tried to put his hand on my cheek, which I swatted away.

"No, my father tried." I growled, "I'll warn them that if they come back again, they'll be killed."

"I'm sorry, baby girl, but that's not happening." He turned away, "Make sure you're ready. The ceremony's in ten minutes."

He then left, leaving me fuming in the living room. I felt like punching a hole in the wall, but forced myself not to. Instead, I raced outside and ran in the direction of the small clearing. I was hoping to pick up their scent and locate this dungeon. Reaching the abandoned pickup truck, I sniffed around. It seemed like Kyle was one step ahead of me, as coyote dung littered the area, masking all other smells. Even Jamie's enhanced scent from the bond was impossible to catch. I tried to use the dung as a guide, but it was scattered in too many directions.