Fight

Closing my eyes for a moment, I sighed. I was hoping to be able to spend the night here, with Jamie. Quickly muttering an, "I have to go," I stood up and headed out. I tried to avoid Stacey and my mother as I snuck out the front door, not wanting to have to tell them.

With every step I took closer to home, I had to struggle to keep fear out of my head. I was done living in fear at my own house, and I was willing to fight for my freedom. As the house came into view, I saw Ian and his friend step out. Ian was still using his friend for support on his injured leg.

Once he saw me, he shook his head. I took that as, "You don't want to go in there."

I glared at him, as to not arouse suspicion if Kyle happened to be watching. Then I started a mind link, "I have to go in, or he'll just hurt someone else."

Now pretending to ignore my presence, he struggled with the couple steps down from the house, "Do you really want him hurting you?"

"I can handle him." I assured him, "Why don't you go to the hospital for that leg?"

"I will tomorrow. Just be safe in there, Alpha." With that, he blocked me out.

I stepped up, took a deep breath, then opened the door and went inside. Once I closed it behind me, I took in what I was dealing with. There was a hole in the wall, next to the pieces of a smashed TV. From what I could see of the kitchen, there were shards of broken cups and plates.

Before I could reluctantly call for him, Kyle appeared from the bedroom, "Ian told me you ambushed him at the dungeon. Said you killed one of the wolves, then injured his ankle. He then said Ben had to get you away from them, before they chose to flee. I'm assuming that's when you let your friends out."

Every word he spoke was calm, like he had gotten all the anger out. What scared me was the slight smile that played at his lips by the end of his speech. He leaned on the wall with his hand, expectantly.

"Your assumption is correct." I stated formally.

He tilted his head, "What I want to know is how, if it was just you, the two of them couldn't take you. Or at least leave evidence of a struggle on you. Maybe a scratch or two?"

"The wolf, Ben knocked me off of Ian, leaving me to struggle in the mud, which I cleaned off at my mother's." I casually lied, "He then saw Ian's twisted leg, and immediately helped him to safety. I'm guessing he was too worried about his Beta's well being than to keep fighting."

"Alright, I'll buy it." He stood straight up and took a few steps closer to me, "I trust Ian's loyalty to me enough."

"So, what's going to happen now, mister second Alpha?" I sighed, leaning with my hands on the couch.

"What's going to happen, is those foxes are going to be fed to the coyotes." He sneered, mimicking my stance at the other end of the couch, "Maybe you'll follow. Don't think I forgot you punched me."

"Did you forget I kicked you twice?" I retorted with a grin.

"I loved you once." He sighed, "I guess you were just too stubborn to give us a chance."

"It's kind of hard to do that when you blackmail me." I gave a humorless laugh.

His calm expression suddenly shifted to anger, "Maybe I should get rid of you before those foul mutts!"

"I'm pretty sure the only foul mutt around here is you!" I snapped back.

We both stepped to the back of the couch, getting into a fighting stance. I wanted to just shift and get it over with, but I couldn't risk losing the few seconds it took. Raising my fists in front of me, I carefully watched his movements. I needed to be ready to block a sudden punch, and to throw one if a chance showed itself.