Boiling Blood Will Circulate

Anger and excitement raced through me as I headed to my mother's. The anger came from how much convincing Kyle needed before allowing me to visit her again. The excitement was for my determination to rescue Jamie, Stacey and Rose. I planned on doing that right after Destiny was going to tell me everything she found out about the dungeon.

This is why I now found myself running up the stairs to my old room. Destiny told me she'd head over in the late afternoon. Because of that, I had been restless all day, checking the time almost every half hour.

Sitting on the bed, I anxiously waited for any sound that could indicate she was coming. My mother seemed to sense my restlessness as she stepped in and leaned on the wall.

"Be patient." She smiled, "Everything will turn out okay."

"I'll have to send them away." I murmured, looking down at my hands, "The moment Kyle finds out, he's going to send a hunting party out."

"That's better than them suffering." She reminded me softly.

Just then, there was a knock on the door. I quickly mind linked Destiny to come in, before I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. Stepping past my mother, she closed the door and sat beside me.

"So, what did you see?" I quickly prodded, turning to her.

"Well for starters, it's about two miles from that pickup truck. It won't be a problem leading you to it." She explained.

"Then, what's the problem? Let's go!" I eagerly tried to stand up, but she grabbed my arm.

"Hold on. First of all, you won't be able to save them if you just run in without thinking." She scolded, pulling out her phone, "Secondly, the door needs a key and a passcode."

She handed me the phone, which had a picture of a heavy looking metal door. It had a panel on it, which had a standard lock, and a number pad. Swiping to the next picture, there was a close up of the panel. The digital screen above the number pad looked as if it needed four digits.

"How did dad convince Kyle's family for the funding of this?" I muttered to myself.

My mother, who was now standing next to me, looking over my shoulder, sighed a reply, "Reese was just as convinced as Kyle that you two were destined to be mates. He feared for his son's life."

I grunted before handing the phone back to Destiny, "I just need to find the key and code?"

"You make it sound like that will be easy." Destiny replied, "But yes, those look like the only obstacles."

My mother quickly left the room, only to return moments later holding a key ring, "Your father always kept this hidden in his drawer. He said it was a ring of spare keys. Maybe one of them will work?"

She handed it to me, and I thanked her. Putting them in my pants' pocket and closing the zipper, a thought popped into my head, "What if that last line in the journal entry has something to do with it!"

I picked up the journal, which had been left on the bedside table. Opening it, I ran my fingers over the last sentense. My daughter is the key.

"Maybe it's your birth year?" My mother suggested.

"That seems too easy." I murmured, "Almost everyone in the pack knows when I was born."

"But they wouldn't know it was a part of the lock." Destiny reminded me.

Shrugging, I took a mental note to keep the idea in mind. I kept my eyes focussed on the line, as if staring at it would make the answer fly off the page. Two other suggestions were thrown in by Destiny, both being my birthday. One by month then day, the other by day then month.