Party

It was the day after the meeting, and everyone had decided that we needed a break. Reese hated the fact that I had just killed his son, but he knew it was the only way. He said that he grieved for his son, and that was it. He understood that it had to happen, and he knew his mate would still be alive if it weren't for him. He decided that because the drama in the pack was dying down, he'd host a "no hard feelings" party for the new Luna and Beta.

The ear piercing music was all that could be heard as Samantha, Jamie and I stepped inside the house. Stacey decided to stay at her new house - the one that I lived in with Kyle - taking care of Rose. Destiny had kicked Samantha out of her hospital room, then blocked her out, telling her to go have fun. All the parents were already here, drinking and socializing.

"I wish we were old enough to drink." Samantha's mutter was barely audible, even though she tried to shout it, "I don't get why Destiny wouldn't let me stay with her instead of coming here. I'm willing to miss a party to help my mate recover!"

I looked at her, "She probably just wants you to have fun. She doesn't want to hold you back."

"I don't want her to be alone, or sad." She growled.

I leaned closer to her, "She'll be fine. How about you get a drink? I won't tell anyone."

That caused her to, almost excitedly run to a drink table and grab a beer. Chuckling, I grabbed Jamie's hand and followed her.

We caught up to her just as she downed her first gulp, then gagged, "Ew!" She was still quick to have another sip.

"You asked for it!" I shouted.

Jamie suddenly pulled me into a kiss, which at first, I didn't return. I was shocked at how comfortable he seemed at doing it. A couple moments later, I kissed him back, wrapping my arms around his neck. The party seemed to melt around me as I closed my eyes. Nobody seemed to notice us, or care, which I was very grateful for.

Once we pulled apart, he leaned down to my ear, "Does this mean I need to call you Alpha?"

The suggestive tone in his voice sent a shiver through me, "Never."

His lips made contact with the mark on my neck, "Good."

I whimpered as the sparks shot through my body, wanting to protest, but unable to find my voice. I finally decided on just shaking my head.

He let out a low growl, but before he could say anything, Samantha shrieked, "Destiny!"

We stepped back from each other, then turned to see Destiny awkwardly step through the front door. She was slightly hunched over, and needed a cane for support, but seemed fine other than that.

She stumbled a little when Samantha flung her into a hug, "I felt so bad leaving you there!"

"I wanted to surprise you." Destiny smiled.

"Ladies and gentlemen!" Reese's voice called from the stairs, making everyone fall silent as the music was turned down, "This party is for us wolves to fully welcome our Alpha and her new Luna, as well as our new Beta! Alpha Jade has taught us to be more open minded, and to not judge anyone without reason."

He waited a little for cheers to die down, "I know I was very hesitant on having a female Alpha, so I begged her father to let my son marry her. I thought Kyle would be what this pack needed, but I see now I was wrong. The moment I heard he tried to kill her, it was like I didn't know him anymore. My own son, stabbing the woman he loved for so many years. Then to find out it wasn't that Avery girl who killed my mate, but him."

There were a few moments of dead silence as he regained his composure, "Yes, I grieved for Kyle, but I know Alpha Jade brought justice to the pack when she made the decision to kill him."