Chapter 10

*Velonica P.O.V*

  "What are you taking about?", I laughed out. I had never met him up until that party.

  He called over a waitress. " Can I get a strawberry shortcake, 2 cookies, and a green tea? "

  "Of course. You can have anything you like..", she said in a flirtatious way as she twirled get hair around her finger.

  I looked at her and was about to say something but Hiro beat me to it. "Okay then. I want you to get my order so I can eat... Also I'd like another tea and a slice of cake for my girl here.", he said with attitude while looking over at me then her.

  My mouth slightly dropped. (Did he just reject her flirting.....wait did he say " my girl "!!) I looked at her then at him.

  "Why are you still standing there?", he looked up at her and raised an eyebrow.

  She was in disbelief. She wrote down what he said and walked away so quick I didn't see her move.

 " If I'm sitting with a girl and you try and flirt with me... ", he shook his head and sat back to look at me.

  (I can't believe he did that! It was a little rude but... Maybe this wasn't a bad idea.)

  " How do I know you? ", I blurted out.

  Once again he chuckled. He stopped to look at me and smile. " You don't remember your Hero... From secondary school? "

  I tilted my head to the side like a dog and had a puzzled look on my face. (My hero?) I put my arm on the table and rested my head in my hand. That's when I remembered. My hero. In secondary school I was visiting my granma for a year. I was enrolled in school and on the first day I was lost. I had ran into this boy who helped me get to school and showed me where all my classes were. He had a long face and nose too. Since I didn't know his name I called him, Hero. After that year I didn't see him until my first year in high school. I was a exchange student this time and I would only see him on occasion. There were times we'd lock eyes but never had the chance to talk.

  I guess my face showed all my feelings at that moment. He sat up straight and rested his arms on the table. "Do you remember me now... Momiji?"

  My mind was blown even further when he said my nickname he gave me. He was always calling me that in secondary school because of my skin. He would say "your skin reminds me of Momiji Manju." I felt a blush creep across my face. (He remembers me after ask these years....)

  I tried to hide my face with my hands from embarrassment, but he grabbed them in his and laughed. "Don't hide from me... You've been doing that for too long already." He made a genuine smile at me and I thought I would melt.

  "Hiro.. I. Is that why you call yourself Hiro?", I asked.

  "Yeah. To remind me of you. Momiji.... You were a crush that I could get over. To be honest... You were my obsession. Please.. Be with me...".

  " Hiro.... I....I....", my face and body were so hot. (Why am I feeling this way)

  "I...I...", that's all I could get out before everything for hazy, turned dark, and I felt a thud to my head.

  " Momiji!!! Momiji!! "

  The voice was distant but clear. I had begun to get my sight back. I blinked several times to see Hiro hovering above me in a bed. I looked around and saw a large window and T.V. (was I in a hospital)

  "Momiji! You're okay!", Hiro said grabbing hold of one of my hands.

  " Where... What.. ",I sat up and touched my head. A sharp pain ran through my brain, "Owww!"

  "Don't touch it Baka! You fainted in the coffee shop. When you fell you hit your head." I looked up at him and saw the worry in his face.

  (Was this what I wanted? At like him. A guy that makes me all hot and embarrassed. ..... I think....I think I do.)