Play date - Shikamaru - Part 1

A/N: This is my first story and lemon. I am not very used to writing 'xReader' stories so please let me know if something is wrong or if I can improve anything. Thanks! This is planned to be a 4 part story based on the song Play Date by Melanie Martinez.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since after the Fourth Shinobi War, the Hidden leaf village had very good relationships with all the countries and the hidden villages. You were in the Hidden Cloud village's intelligence department and were often sent to the Hidden Leaf village's intelligence department to exchange intel and notes. It was risky to send intel via any other sources. You were a jonin so you were trusted with the travel with the important scrolls usually along with 2 other jonin/chunins. During these frequent back and forths, you had met a specially interesting ninja. Nara Shikamaru, advisor to the Hokage.

You quickly learnt his intelligence was nothing short of exemplary and his shogi skills were almost unparalleled. Well because you weren't from the Leaf, he did not know how good you were the first time you guys played. By that point you were friends with the lot so your missions sometime lasted a day or two longer than usual. It also helped making the relations between the Raikage and the Hokage better as the Raikage trusted you. So during an evening of everyone drinking and having fun at Shikamaru's house, Ino came over and tried dragging you inside where everyone else was talking and playing but you were out on playing shogi with Shikamaru.

"Come on, nobody can beat him. Shogi with him is just no fun", she said.

"Well even if I lose, I ll get to learn new plays, it is never a loss", you go back staring at the board.

"If more people had this attitude in this village, I wouldn't have to be working alone for this village's intelligence", Shikamaru sighed.

"Oh come on, you are so full of yourself", Ino grunted with a slap on the back of his head and left saying "They are forever boring, no use" to others.

In about 10 minutes everyone ran outside following a loud commotion.

"That isn't fair, I wasn't even paying attention", Shikamaru whines.

"But that is your fault, isnt it?"

"No, there is no way I was beat, L/N", he almost growls staring at the board.

"Hey I can tell you what I did", she started.

Shikamaru wasn't defeated at Shogi unless he played against his father. Now that his friends were there too, he felt flustered and irritated. This was supposed to be a fun night not an annoying one where he loses. He didn't understand why he was getting so displeased. He didnt realize he could sometimes be a sour loser because he was almost never beat.

Looking at your anxious face, Hinata being the sweetheart she is, quickly pulled you inside the room while Choji and Ino waited out with Shikamaru just to make sure he was okay. Kiba handed you a beer and you sat on the couch and everyone changed the subject. You started telling them about your missions in the cloud village and some of the joint missions you went on. Akamaru was excited to meet you as usual so he sat half on your lap and half on Kiba's on the couch while you downed 3 beers in like 15 minutes. Ino Shika Cho came in and you just glanced towards Shikamaru to make sure he is okay now. Ino just smiled at you so that you relax and let him be. He got whiskey and downed two fingers in almost a gulp and winced a bit, calling attention to his manly features. He got two more in his glass before he came down to sit where everyone was. The rest of the evening passed by quickly and everyone was pretty tipsy including you.