I don't want to live forever - Asuma Sarutobi

A/N: I spend too much of my time day dreaming especially when I am listening to music. So I usually imagine a scenario or story like it would be a music video. I haven't tried video editing else I would've made AMVs of these day dreams of mine. I write instead. In this story I have tried putting the lines of the song how I imagined the video would look like. (If it makes any sense!!). If you feel I should write the story without the lines of the song in between please let me know, it is the first time I am doing this.

I am not very used to writing 'x Reader' stories so please let me know if something is wrong or if I can improve anything. Thanks! This is planned based on the song "I don't want to live forever" by Taylor Swift and Zayn but I wrote this listening to the cover by Emma Heesters, so posting that one.

Trigger warning: Speaks about death and dying

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Been sitting eyes wide open behind these four walls, hoping you'd call

It's just a cruel existence like there's no point hoping at all

Your father was friends with Hiruzen Sarutobi. They fought side by side on many missions till Hiruzen got students of his own. Even then they remained close and went on missions when permitted. Then when he became Hokage, he served in his personal shinobi group. This also meant you and Asuma knew each other since you were children.

He was fearless and a rebel since a very young age and so were you. So you both got along like a house on fire. He was a great training partner and a great friend. Your bond was unbreakable and there was so much you learnt from each other. Hiruzen would tease how you would listen to him but Asuma would never listen to his father. He always teased you that you might be able to get through to Asuma. You listened to Hiruzen and sometimes even trained with him.

You and Asuma did a lot of things together, may it be usual ninja training, playing Shogi, day dreaming about being badass Shinobis and more training. Life with him was always fun and you didn't think of having a better friend and a role model at that age.

You always looked up to him and always wanted to be strong like him. Strong enough to fight him, strong enough to impress him, strong enough to tell him you love him.

Baby, baby, I feel crazy, up all night, all night and every day

But there you lay today, your face a mess of blood and dirt. The taste of liquid iron in your mouth a constant for a past couple of hours. You were few steps away from the entrance of the hidden leaf village but your feet gave away, your vision blurry. You couldn't give up, you had to give them the intel.

You crawl slowly towards the gate holding your breath hoping someone will find you. Your scarred arms making it impossible to crawl, too. Pathetic. Weak. You say to yourself just to stay awake. You crawl a few more inches, nearing a tree. You hold it and try standing up but you are too injured and almost devoid of chakra.

Just then you go cross eyed and are about to faint but feel someone catching you instead of hitting the cold hard ground. You faintly look up to find Guy and Lee holding you. Before you can speak, Guy carries you to the hospital while Lee goes to fetch the Hokage Lady Tsunade to look at you. Sakura finds you first and tries to stop your bleeding in the meanwhile. You keep passing out and coming back in and passing out all the while.