Halo - Naruto x Sasuke 🍋

A/N: Hello this is my first non reader post! NaruSasu is life! Of course it is Yaoi, please do not read if not comfortable!

This is inspired by the song Halo by Beyoncé

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The night was unusually cold. The sky was covered with clouds, letting no moonlight fall through. It felt eerie and silent tonight, more than usual. Naruto sleeping peacefully in the Konoha hospital suddenly jolts awake, the cool air of the night making his ears freeze. Slowly, he removes his blanket and gets up to shut the window. He rubs his hands to warm himself up and quickly gets inside his blanket once again to try to sleep. After a few minutes of tossing and turning, he realizes he probably wont fall asleep soon. Slowly getting up again and wearing his jumper and pants he makes his way out of the hospital. "A quiet walk should fix this", he thinks to himself and walks all the way to the Village Gate. 

He sees the ninjas on the guard duty at the gate and waves at them. "I am going out for a walk, I cant sleep. I cant go far away in this condition anyway", he tries to persuade them to let him go. Before they whole heartedly give him permission, he climbs over the gate and leaves. "Sigh, that kid will never let us rest", they say playfully amongst themselves

Naruto doesn't go far away, he is injured in his last mission and knows he doesn't have enough chakra in case there is a threat but he goes inside the forest along the border wall. He feels a tree next to him and climbs up to sit in it. It is pretty dark and difficult to see but there was a strange calmness about today's night. He was about to close his eyes to rest when he heard the words, "What are you doing here, loser?"

Naruto jolted his eyes open and climbed down to make sure he actually heard what he heard. Whom he had heard. Before he could turn around, he sensed Sasuke behind him. He almost thought it was an illusion since he didn't expect him to be there.

"You... You are back?"

"Not in a million years, I am not a loser like you"

"So, this is not you? Am I under a genjustsu? Are you a shadow clone?", he says closing his eyes.

"Baka, you are still dumb I see"

"Yes, dumb enough to care for you"

"I never asked for it"

"Hell, you didn't. But I consider you my friend, and I promise to bring you back one day"

"I am not here for this stupid argument"

"Then what are you here for?"

"I ... ", Sasuke felt stupid, he hadn't thought this far. He didn't plan on "meeting" Naruto, he just wanted to make sure he is alright.

"And you call me stupid", Naruto laughs and turns around to face Sasuke for the first time in many months, but Sasuke doesn't meet his eyes. The clouds, like on cue, move away and let the moon shine on their faces, like a stage light going on, enhancing Naruto's soft loving blue orbs and highlighting Sasuke's sharper features.

"Why are you here, Sasuke?", Naruto says taking a step ahead.

"I heard you are going everywhere looking for me, I wanted to tell you to stop it", Sasuke says haughtily.