Naruto x Reader - Modern College AU

A/N: Wanted to complete this before Naruto's birthday on October 10th but oh well. October 12th it is. 

I love this floofy goofball so much, I have no words. I believe he can be really serious if needed and he is so delicate and tender, I just want to reach out and wrap him in warm blankets and apple pies. Okay I love him so much!!!!!!!! 

Sorry, please continue reading. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is Christmas break at your college and everyone is packing their bags to go home. You live about three hours away from your campus so it is not too bad for you. But since you don't go back often enough, you are still excited. You had planned to leave the day after mostly everyone had left so you can drop them at the airport and train stations and then pack your bags without any hassle or interference. The days before break usually ended up being very chaotic. You dropped Kiba and Shikamaru, the last of them at the station and came back. 

Once you came back to your dorm, everything was calm. The snow had set in and it was still late afternoon. You kept your coffee on the table and threw your keys on the side. Once most of your packing was done, you discover you had two library books that you had to return, the deadline for which was today. "F**k", you mutter under your breath and continue cleaning your room so you can come back to a clean one. With one last pat to the comforter tucked under your mattress, you put on your earphones playing Christmas music. You loved Christmas time and everything about it. The pies, cookies, family, traditions as well as the music. You reach the library and turn the corner to run into Naruto. You were good friends, though you didn't share most of the classes. He was fun to hang out with, the type of goofball he is. You were interested to know him more, but he was so outwardly into Sakura so you left it at that.

"Ouch, sorry", you say.

"Hey Y/N", he cheerfully greets.

"Hey Naruto, how are you doing?", you greet him equally cheerfully. It is Christmas time, which means you are more cheerful than usual.

"Nothing was just helping with the café."

"Oh cool. I have to return my library books, since today is the last day. Almost forgot with all the packing"

"Going home?"

"Yes tomorrow. What about you?", you ask and almost bite your tongue. He doesn't really go back home during breaks. He usually hangs out with Prof. Umino and Prof. Hatake during the break or so you have heard. You aren't entirely sure, and you feel a little pang in your heart that you never cared to ask.

"Umm, no I ll be here", he says scratching the back of his head.

"You mind if I return the books", you ask quickly changing the subject.

"Oh yes sure, I ll see you after break then?", he says and  holds out a hand to say bye.

You hold the hand and drag him behind you inside the library. "I am not done talking yet", you chuckle. He is confused but follows you nevertheless. Once you are done returning the books and return your cubicle keys, you go to the café, to get a coffee.

"A small iced caramel latte, please. Less ice though, thanks!", you order and look at Naruto. "And you would like?", the barista asks him. 

"Nothing thanks", he replies. 

"One more iced caramel latte, less ice", you say and pay for it.

 "I didn't really want anything", he says. 

"It is okay, I wanted you to have one", you say and smile. You both politely take it and sit in the café. 

"Who drinks iced latte in December?", he asks you looking at you like you are crazy.