Shy Kakashi x Reader - Fluff

A/N: Not my artwork. The place I saw it also didn't have credits. This is just random fluff I thought about Kakashi, as I am too inconsistent with my plans for this book.

Any feedback appreciated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kakashi and you were in the ANBU together but not in the same team. You both were known for being cold-blooded killers especially since he lost Rin, Obito, Minato sensei and you lost your brother, the only blood relative you had.

It was true though, you both had become bitter and dark the more you stayed on. You both were the captains of your teams. You both had met through some mutual friends because they thought you both would be perfect for each other. They tried to set you up, but you ended up ditching them at the pub to get some extra training in.

You had heard about him and he had heard about you but this was the first time you were having a conversation. You ended up discussing missions and strategies much to the disappointment of your friends, who eventually gave up on setting you guys up.

The next couple of months went by with you guys meeting up for training every time you had the chance. You gave each other proper competition and it was always rewarding training with Kakashi.

All that training paid off when you were put together for an important mission. Both of your teams were put on it together but you were double-crossed by the Cloud village. They had a much bigger army and you were just a group of 6. Since Kakashi was the group captain for this mission, he decided to find an escape route and leave the area since the mission was a moot point due to a lack of cooperation from the Cloud Village. But it was difficult none the less.

While escaping, Kakashi was the last one to leave and got hit by a shuriken cutting through his shoulder blade. He managed to escape but he was losing blood quickly. A member of your team was a medical ninja but there was no time to wait and heal him.

"I'll go out as a distraction, while you heal him", you tell your teammate.

"You guys go ahead and I'll meet up with you soon", you say and get ready to leave.

"I can't just wait here and we can't let you go alone", Kakashi said looking at the remaining members.

"It would be easier to escape, no time to talk", you say and jump away while the remaining members find a hiding spot.

As soon as the bleeding stops Kakashi starts to leave behind you but is stopped by the other members.

"We have to reach the leaf soon and inform them of the betrayal. Y/N will be alright, she is one of the best you have to trust her", the medical nin says followed by the nods of others.

"I can't leave her behind", Kakashi still argues.

"On your right, let's go", you swing by at top speed. Your teammates just look at Kakashi in an "I told you so" face.

You reach the village first but when these guys come by a few minutes later, you are nowhere to be seen. Kakashi goes to the Hokage to give him the report and also tells about how impressive your skills were.

"Given she made it till here as bad as she was injured, is commendable", the Hokage said.

"She is injured? We didn't even see her when she came back", Kakashi exclaims and leaves from the Hokage's office to come to see you but is not allowed in since you were being looked at.

"She healed herself but she is no medical nin, so she wasn't healed completely. She also banged up her head really badly so she is in and out of consciousness", the hospital staff lets him know. He waits for a while and leaves, planning to swing by at night since it is the only morning now.