Play date - Shikamaru - Part 4

A/N: This is the last part of this series.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next morning you wake up very sore, needless to say. You turn around in Shikamaru's arms slowly holding your breath to see him still sleeping, his hair covering half his face but his arm is still over you protectively. You smile looking at him but the smile quickly disappears thinking about last night. It was definitely one of the, if not the best sex of your life but you were concerned by some of his reactions. It was different than the previous times to say the least. He stirs and looks at you with his sleepy eyes. "You up already? Good morning", he says and kisses your lips lightly. "Wow you are up already?", you ask teasingly looking at his clearly visible morning erection. "Stop staring unless you want to take care of it", he laughs. "I could but I physically can't today, Shika. I can barely turn in the bed", you say trying to make a joke of your pain. He looks at you with a serious face and sits up. He removes the blanket covering you and looks at you. He sees the bruises on your neck and your arms where he was holding you way too tightly last night. He lifts your shirt to expose your body. "Shika, what are you doing?", you say looking at his concerned expression. "Shh", he says and continues his examination of the marks he left on you. He traces his finger over the marks on your chest and belly and sighs. It was like a painting on you, his painting, but instead of colors he used the pain to paint you. He had allowed his insecurities to paint you. He gets up and goes to the bathroom without any words. You hear him running the water. He comes out after five minutes and hugs you softly. "Please take the shirt off", he says in your ear and you do as he says. He picks you up and takes you to the bath he has drawn for you and keeps you in. You grimace and hug him as the warm water hits your sore body. "You ll feel better", he says and places you carefully in the water. "Please relax for a while, let me know when you are done", he says and gets up to leave. "Shika", you hold his hand. He merely removes his hand from yours and pats your cheek and leaves. You stretch in the water let the warm water relax your body. You feel like you saw a hint of remorse in his eyes but you aren't sure. "What does he feel bad for? For being rough or for being with me?", you think moving your hands over your body trying to loosen your muscles. He comes to check in on you in some time. "Do you want to shower?", he asks to which you nod. He lets the water drain from the bath and starts the shower for you. He enters the shower behind you with his pants on but no shirt. He starts massaging you back and shoulders softly. You turn to look at him and are surprised to see him half clothes. "Shika, you know you are getting all your clothes wet right?", you ask him. "Yes", he says but continues to giving you a bath. He takes some soap and softly lathers your body, his fingers lingering on your curves only slightly but no more. He turns on the tap and cleans all the soap. "You feel clean?", he asks, you again nod. You are not sure what he is up to, he has never taken care of you in such a way but you don't want to ask him in case he stops. You want it, you want his softness you engulf you, you want him to take care of you. He looked so concern about you, it almost broke your heart.
He asks you to wait in the shower while he changes into dry clothes. He asks you to step out of the shower and pats you dry with a soft towel. "Do you have a change of clothes?", he asks. You nod yes and he brings over your bag to you and leaved. You change into your clothes and come out to join you. He made breakfast in the mean time and he points to your plate when he comes out to sit at the kitchen. You come slowly and take a seat in front of him. You both eat in silence. Once done, he picks up and keeps your plate in the sink. "I am going to take you to your apartment", he says. You are a little sad that he didn't ask you to stay. "I can walk, no worries. You'll have work", you say. "Not today, it is my day off. I have taken the day off", he says and carries you to your apartment. Your hands are shaking as you open the door.

Your heart is pounding as you can feel his breath on your neck while you shuffle the keys in your hands. You found love very troublesome but you are pretty sure that somewhere between his insecurities from last night and his silent apology expressed in his actions today, you have fallen in love with him. You open the door and he carries you to your bed. "I think you should rest, do you need anything else?", he asks averting your gaze.
"Yes", you say softly.
"What?", he asks. You pat the bed next to you. He sits.
"What is going on?", you ask him moving his chin to face you.
His eyes still don't meet your gaze.
"Shikamaru?"
"I am sorry for yesterday. For not taking care of you", he says almost whispering.
"I am okay, though", you say quietly.
"No you are not. I hurt you", he says finally looking at you, his hurt clearly evident in his eyes.
"You didn't really, it is not that I didn't want it", you say.
He just sighs and says, "I think I should go now. Do we meet before you leave?", he asks getting up from your bed.
"I don't think we are doing this again, Shika", you say looking at him.
His eyes widen for a second searching for any clue on your face.
"I understand. I am sorry", he says his eyes glistening and turns around so you can't see his face.
"I cannot have this play date with you anymore, Shika. I am falling in love with you", you say quickly grabbing his fingers lightly. "P-play date?", he stutters.
"Yeah that's what they are. we meet, we play, we fuck, we leave. That's all there is to it. I want to stay longer, like the next day and the day after that and maybe the one after that doing something that isn't playing and fucking", you say thinking out loud more than anything else.
"Y/N..", he begins.
"Shit, maybe I was too hasty to tell him what I feel", you think to yourself mentally face-palming.
"It is okay if you don't feel the same way", you add quickly seeing his face becoming very serious.
"I think love is such a drag", he says laughing hollowly scratching the back of his head.
"I understand, you don't-", you start.
"Will you let me finish talking? Jeez woman, you are really troublesome", he adds chucking.
You don't understand what is so funny, you cock your head on one side and continue to look at him. He sits next to you and caresses your cheek with his finger.
"I am sorry, I was a coward, I still am. I was thinking about this for a while. It shouldn't have taken someone else's marks on you to make me accept it. Well, that didn't make me accept it either, to be fair. Instead of facing it, accepting it, I hurt you", he says his voice breaking.
"Hey, I am okay", you say holding his hand.
"What I am trying to say is, I want you to stay longer, like the next day and the day after that and maybe the one after that doing something that isn't playing and fucking", he says quietly and holds your face in both his hands and places a soft kiss on your cheek.
You hug him tightly and he hugs you very softly like he is still afraid to hurt you while holding you.
"What about the other guy you were with? The one that left all those damn marks on you?", he asks while hugging you.
You slap his back a little.
"I think that competition is settled. These are going to last a very long time", you say to which he responds with "I am sorry", and hides his face in your neck.
"You asked", you say laughing.
"I also don't want to find another shogi partner. And I want you to stay too. I don't know what to do, or how to be in a relationship, it is scary and you cant logically calculate all the steps", he says sighing.
"Yeah, maybe instead of playing against me, we can figure it out together, what do you say?", you ask him and leave the hug to look at him. "If you put it that way, I don't really mind. Sounds like less work, honestly", he says with a fake thinking face.
"I'll leave your ass outside on the staircase if you want to be this lazy, Shika", you say and pull the blankets over you, cozying up in the bed. "Are you sleeping after all this, you troublesome woman?", he asks shocked.
"Lock the door and come here soon if you are staying", you say at a very very confused Shikamaru.
He dutifully goes and locks the door and walks towards the bed. He takes his footwear off as well as his shirt. He hesitantly joins you in bed, something that he has done so often but felt completely different and vulnerable this time around. You hold his hand and pull him towards you. He spoons you and kisses your cheek and neck.
"Thank you for having me over, Y/N. I cant let you go this time",  he whispers in your ear.
"And why is that?"
"Because this time I don't want our play date to end."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Thank you for reading this! Please considering leaving a vote, if you like it.