Kakashi x Reader - Soulmate AU

A/N: 
A little descriptive enemy murder - in case you needed a warning.

Y/N - your name
L/N - last name
H/C - hair color 
Pakkun is the ninja hound in the picture above (in case anyone doesn't know!) Kakashi can summon him anytime he wants to trace someone/something by scent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You run through the village to get to the Hokage office as soon as you can. Lady Tsunade had called on you for a special mission. It was a recon mission but there was a high possibility that you would be ambushed so she wanted to send only a couple ninjas but who could take care of themselves.

You reach the door and knock, proceeding to open the door and enter when you hear a faint "Come in."

"Hello Lady Tsunade, you have a mission for me?", you ask.

"Yes Y/N, you and Kakashi need to go to the Hidden Cloud and recon this area that might be Orochimaru's hideout", she says. 

You glance at Kakashi who is standing leaning against the wall fidgeting with his gloves listening to Lady Tsunade fill you in. He already has gotten his debrief and documents.

"What is the catch?", you ask earnestly, there is no way two jonins are sent just for recon. 

"We have intel that the sound village ninja might be hiding on the cusp of the cloud village and you need to be prepared for an ambush. Avoid it at all costs, be vigilant. But push comes to shove, you need to be ready. I had to call you since you are a sensory ninja that is a great fighter, with medical skills as well. We will send backup your way in an hour or so when the rest come back and we have ninjas to spare, but for now you both need to go ahead", she says. "Kakashi will fill you in", she adds.

You roll your eyes. 

"I have a feeling I am not liked", he says looking from Lady Tsunade to you.

"It doesn't matter, you leave right now. You can fill her in on the way", she says and rushes you out of her office.

"Well I can fill you in, in a lot of ways", he says walking next to you with a straight face.

"What the f**k did you say?", you glare at him.

"We can discuss the routes we can take, the ways we can avoid an ambush and so on", he continues without answering your question. You scoff and reply with a hmm.

Well the thing with Kakashi is, you didn't really like him. You just got annoyed by the look of him. "The great copy ninja with his perverted books. Him with his mysterious mask and hot body and amazing skills and annoying handsome half hidden face, ugh what am I thinking again?", you think to yourself. You both had never been on missions together or every talked really but all your girlfriends swooned over him, about how intelligent, hot and a great fighter he is. "Well damn right he is hot, doesn't mean I am going to start swooning over him", you think.

You finally set your route and start on your way. He is faster than you are but and because of you he has to keep adjusting his speed.

"Can you keep up, geez, I never had such a slow partner!", he teases you.

"This is our first mission, why is he getting all cozy", you say to yourself.

"I don't know, at least your lack of skills can be forgiven a bit now", you say immediately.

"Hey I have enough skills, I am worried about you."

"Ugh I just had to be paired with you", you sigh.

"You started it"

"No, you did, Hatake. Am I annoying you that much?"